- 3 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 16 January 2021
- 13 hrs ago Ladies, Here Are 7 Reasons Why You Should Ask A Man Out
- 14 hrs ago Hina Khan’s Pretty White Lace Dress, Lovely Hat And Stylish Sunglasses Could Be Your Next Holiday Look
- 16 hrs ago Bigg Boss 14: Rubina Dilaik’s 4 Hairstyles From Recent Episodes That You Can Nail In Just 5 Minutes
- Finance Star Health Insurance Plans D-Street Debut This Year
- News COVID-19 vaccine: 31,700 health workers to be inoculated today, says UP Minister
- Movies Happy Birthday Sidharth Malhotra: From Shershaah To Mission Majnu; We've Got Our Eyes On His Upcoming Films
- Technology Amazon Great Republic Days Sale: Discount Offers On Smartphones
- Education SSC CHSL Cut-off 2021 Tier 1 Released
- Sports Stephane Peterhansel wins record 14th Dakar Rally title
- Automobiles Dakar Rally 2021 Final Stage Results & Highlights: Kevin Benavides Wins The Rally Race
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Madhya Pradesh In January
Monsoons disrupt our lives in many ways. They make our everyday tasks difficult. We need to take the weather into consideration before planning on any outings. Also, our skin and hair go haywire.
We also have to carefully choose our outfits every day. It is better to wear dark-coloured clothes and ditch those high heels during the monsoon days.
Wearing any length of skirts is not recommended due to the high winds. Always remember to carry an extra pair of clothes and foot wear just in case.
Our makeup is another thing that needs special attention during monsoon. Due to high levels of moisture and humidity in the atmosphere, our regular makeup will tend to bleed.
But don't worry. Few tweaks here and there in your makeup routine will help get you all sorted out during the season.
Here are a few products that you need to stay away from altogether during the monsoons.
1) Regular Makeup
The first thing you need to do is stock up on all the water-proof products before the start of the monsoon. Don't wait for the season to start. If you buy these products pre-season, you will end getting a huge bargain. Water-proof products will save your grace during the rains.
Lining your eyes with a black kohl should be completely avoided during the monsoons, as you may end up with that ugly smudged eyes. Use a gel liner instead. It will last longer and water-proof liners will prevent smudging in the rains too.
3) Liquid Foundation
Liquid foundations will not stay on your face because of the humidity. Substitute it with a BB cream and a compact powder instead for a long-lasting stay. If you need more coverage, opt for a matte foundation to cover up any imperfections and provide you with a smooth base.
4) Lip Gloss
For your lips, a matte lipstick will be better in the rains. As the basic idea is to avoid liquid products during monsoon, your lip gloss will soon fade away. A creamy matte lipstick will stay for longer.
5) Hair Spa Products
Skip your regular appointment of hair spa during the monsoon, as the treatment may not last longer due to the rains. If your work makes you travel often, then you may not be able to completely avoid getting wet.
Though the hair gets frizzier during the rains, use homemade hair masks to get rid of the frizz. It will save you both - time and money.
More than our skin, our hair becomes a challenge to tame during the monsoons. It becomes extremely limp and frizzy due to the constant torture in the rains. One important thing to remember is to never go to sleep with wet hair.
Use a blow dryer to get rid of the moisture in your hair and scalp before sleeping, as wet hair will make you susceptible to catching a cold and it may also lead to fungal infections. Keeping your hair and skin dry during the rains is key.