Deodorants that are sold in the market come with the following demerits:
One, they are expensive.
Two, natural crystal deodorants contain aluminium that aces the production of nipple aspirate fluid, which leads to breast cancer.
Three, triclosan of most deodorants hampers the thyroid functionality.
Four, parabens increase the risk of cancer.
To sum up, along with price, the composition of mass-marketed deodorants makes them harmful to use. But that cannot keep you from smelling bad.
To smell good and make use of the deodorant on an everyday basis, you can prepare this DIY homemade deodorant that is easy to make with simple ingredients.
It is a roll-on like deo that you can rub on your armpit, neck or palms in order to smell good. This lasts long and can be used for gifting purposes as well.
So, gather all the necessary products required for this DIY homemade deodorant and have a look at the procudure to be followed to prepare this amazing deo. Check it out.
DIY Homemade Deodorant Recipe
- 1/3rd cup of extra-virgin coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons of grated beeswax
- 2 tablespoons of shea butter
- 1/3rd small cup of cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda
- 20 drops of any essential oil (tea tree, frankincense, lavender or patchouli)
- 1 deodorant container
- 1 double boiler
- Prepare the double boiler on a gas stove. Ensure the heat is low.
- First, put the beeswax and let it melt slow.
- After ten minutes, start putting the shea butter in the beeswax, carefully.
- When both the beeswax and shea butter are warming together, blend with a spade to avoid lumps.
- In a gap of five minutes, add the extra-virgin coconut oil in the right portion.
- When all the ingredients are completely liquidy in texture, then turn off the heat.
- Now, you have to add the baking soda and cornstarch. Use the spade to mix the powder completely in the melted wax, butter and oil.
- The last ingredient to add to your DIY homemade deodorant is any essential oil of your choice. Pick the flavour of your choice and don't put more than twenty drops of it. Excess of essential oil spoils the DIY homemade deodorant.
- In the molten state, pour the mixture into the deodorant container, seal it and leave it overnight.
- Next morning, your DIY homemade deodorant is ready for use.