Before you make one, you should learn about the role and use of a bronzer. So, read on to know all about a bronzer and how it is useful.
a) Bronzer is essentially used to make your face photogenic.
b) Bronzer is applied only on the face and neck for a sun-kissed glow. However, it can be applied on all exposed skin parts like the hands and legs.
c) Bronzer comes in a powdered texture.
d) Bronzer adds glitter and glow to one's makeup with its golden light-reflecting particles or bronzing pigment. Thus, when using the bronzer, you can skip the highlighter.
e) Bronzer adds shape and dimension to ones' face, making it look thinner and sharper.
f) Due to the shimmer effect of your bronzer, your face won't look cakey or muddy.
g) The varities in bronzer are pressed powder bronzer, cream bronzer, loose powder bronzers and liquid bronzers.
When Do You Apply The Bronzer During Makeup?
Well, makeup artists recommend using the bronzer amidst your makeup session and not at the extreme beginning or end of it. Bronzer should be applied after the use of a foundation, concealer, and powder, but before the blush.
Now that you know why and how to use the bronzer during makeup, here is the DIY bronzer recipe that you can prepare at home.
Ingredients For The DIY Bronzer:
- 2 tablespoons of cinnamon powder
- 4 tablespoons of arrowroot powder
- 2 teaspoons of nutmeg powder
- 15-20 drops of rose essential oil
- An old compact/bronzer box
Method Of Preparation For The DIY Bronzer:
- Due to the addition of essential oil, the texture of this DIY homemade bronzer will be creamy.
- First, mix the powders - cinnamon, arrowroot and nutmeg. Ensure all of them are of a fine texture.
- When the powders are mixed, add the essential oil.
- Getting a thick consistency is very important for the bronzer. If required, you can change the amount of the essential oil you add.
- When the bronzer is ready, preserve it in the old compact box.