- 8 hrs ago What Is The Importance Of Premarital Health Checkups?
- 13 hrs ago From Alia Bhatt To Kareena Kapoor Khan, These Divas Will Give Your Major Shopping Inspiration
- 17 hrs ago Weekly Horoscope: 15 December To 21 December
- 18 hrs ago 10 Situations Under Which A Man Should Practice Sexual Abstinence
- Movies Mohanlal-Prithviraj Duo's Empuraan: Here's An Interesting Update!
- Sports India vs West Indies, 1st ODI, Highlights: Hetmyer and Hope fire West Indies to victory
- News Tension prevails in AMU against CAA after Jamia Millia Islamia, cops use batons, teargas
- Technology How To Check Screen Time On Various Devices
- Automobiles Volvo XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol Launched In India At Rs 39.90 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
- Finance RBI To Offer Liquidity Support Scheme For 24X7 Functionality Of Neft
- Travel How Christmas Is Celebrated In Different Parts Of India
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
When we visit a beauty store, we often see various brands of primers that are available. Ever wondered what is the benefit of using these primers? Well, we are here to share some of the interesting reasons as to why you should use a primer.
When we were kids, we have often seen that while painting our homes the first step painters would do is to use a primer on the wall. This is done usually to make the surface even and for a smoother application of paint. The same property is used by makeup primers as well.
Most of us usually skip this first step in our makeup regimen thinking that we really do not need it or because we are unsure of how to use it. Remember that missing out on a primer means that you are missing out on something really important. However, using this as the primary step can help your makeup to last longer than expected.
Read on to know about the various reasons or benefits of using a primer during makeup application.
One of the most important functions of primer is to seal the pores. Applying liquid foundation looks bad on the skin, if you have pores on your face. Applying primer as a base can help to conceal the pores and give you an even finish.
Your skin can have a velvety effect after application of a primer. It helps to soften the skin instantly and has a smooth effect on makeup appearance. This is one of the reasons why you should use a makeup primer first.
If we have used the best makeup products, and yet the finishing is uneven, there is no point. Makeup that has unfinished look does not please anyone. Applying primer as the base can help you to get a desired smoother finish. This is another reason for you to apply a primer as the first step in makeup.
It Is Non-Comedogenic
If your skin is more prone to clogged pores or acne, you need not have to skip using a primer, as it does not clog your pores or cause acne. Another reason for using a primer is that it won't break or irritate your skin.
Generally, certain primers do not have anti-ageing properties. You need to select the one that has these properties, as it can help to avoid the ageing process at a faster pace. It helps your skin appear youthful, since it evens out the fine lines that can make you look older.
Long Lasting Makeup
One of the main reasons for using a primer is that it makes the makeup stay on for a longer time. It helps to decrease sweating through the pores, thereby making the makeup stay longer. It also acts as a natural shield for dust, water and debris accumulation.
It Reduces Redness
This is another reason why you should use a makeup primer. It helps to reduce the redness on the skin that is caused due to acne breakout, and thus does not irritate the skin. Apply this as a base and use the desired makeup after that.
These are few reasons why you should use a makeup primer first. If you have any suggestions then do share them with us in the comment section below.