- 1 hr ago Amazon Great Indian Festival: Up To 50% Off On Protein Powders
- 2 hrs ago Remedial Measures In Astrology To Counter Different Problems In Life
- 5 hrs ago Weekly Horoscope, 02 October To 08 October 2022, Check This Week Horoscope Prediction For All Zodiac Signs
- 7 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 02 October 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- News RRB Group D Jobs 2022: Phase 5 CBT exam admit card to be out today, details here
- Movies Bigg Boss 16: Scuffle Ensues On Day 1 Of The Show Between Nimrit Kaur And Archana Gautam
- Automobiles Kia India Registers Highest Ever Monthly Sales - 25,87 Units Sold In September 2022
- Education CSIR-UGC NET June 2022 Answer Key, Response Sheet, Question Paper Out; Challenge Till October 3
- Sports UFC Vegas 61 results and recap: Yan Xiaonan edges out Mackenzie Dern in her first main event
- Finance This Multibagger Stock Is Locked In Upper Circuit For Past 7 Days And Gained The Highest In September
- Technology Jio, Airtel, and Vi 5G Services in India; Here's How Fast Your Internet Will Be
- Travel List of The Shortest Rivers In The World
When we visit a beauty store, we often see various brands of primers that are available. Ever wondered what is the benefit of using these primers? Well, we are here to share some of the interesting reasons as to why you should use a primer.
When we were kids, we have often seen that while painting our homes the first step painters would do is to use a primer on the wall. This is done usually to make the surface even and for a smoother application of paint. The same property is used by makeup primers as well.
Most of us usually skip this first step in our makeup regimen thinking that we really do not need it or because we are unsure of how to use it. Remember that missing out on a primer means that you are missing out on something really important. However, using this as the primary step can help your makeup to last longer than expected.
Read on to know about the various reasons or benefits of using a primer during makeup application.
One of the most important functions of primer is to seal the pores. Applying liquid foundation looks bad on the skin, if you have pores on your face. Applying primer as a base can help to conceal the pores and give you an even finish.
Your skin can have a velvety effect after application of a primer. It helps to soften the skin instantly and has a smooth effect on makeup appearance. This is one of the reasons why you should use a makeup primer first.
If we have used the best makeup products, and yet the finishing is uneven, there is no point. Makeup that has unfinished look does not please anyone. Applying primer as the base can help you to get a desired smoother finish. This is another reason for you to apply a primer as the first step in makeup.
It Is Non-Comedogenic
If your skin is more prone to clogged pores or acne, you need not have to skip using a primer, as it does not clog your pores or cause acne. Another reason for using a primer is that it won't break or irritate your skin.
Generally, certain primers do not have anti-ageing properties. You need to select the one that has these properties, as it can help to avoid the ageing process at a faster pace. It helps your skin appear youthful, since it evens out the fine lines that can make you look older.
Long Lasting Makeup
One of the main reasons for using a primer is that it makes the makeup stay on for a longer time. It helps to decrease sweating through the pores, thereby making the makeup stay longer. It also acts as a natural shield for dust, water and debris accumulation.
It Reduces Redness
This is another reason why you should use a makeup primer. It helps to reduce the redness on the skin that is caused due to acne breakout, and thus does not irritate the skin. Apply this as a base and use the desired makeup after that.
These are few reasons why you should use a makeup primer first. If you have any suggestions then do share them with us in the comment section below.
- skin care5 DIY Face Scrubs For The Radiant Glow
- men fashionActor Dheeraj Dhoopar Speaks About His New Hairstyle In Sherdil Shergill
- make up tipsDeepika Padukone To Sonam Kapoor, Office Makeup Looks To Learn From Bollywood Beauties
- hair careHair Dusting: New Hair Cutting Technique You Should Know About
- make up tipsEasy Ways To Make Your Foundation Look Like Second Skin
- women fashionAnanya Panday To Sonam Kapoor, 8 Easy Navratri Hairstyles To Steal From Bollywood Divas
- beautyShraddha Kapoor’s Beauty Secrets For Glowing Skin And Fit Body
- body care6 DIY Homemade Remedies For Dark Elbows & Knees
- make up tipsDeepika Padukone's Lipstick Looks That Are Chic And Stylish
- make up tipsNavratri Makeup Tips To Look Fabulous, Stunning And Sweat-Free
- women fashion6 Trendy Hair Accessories To Accentuate Your Hairdo
- skin care7 DIY Homemade Lip Balms To Give Natural Care To Your Lips