Oily scalp and hair can be a pain to deal with. This is one unsightly condition that can completely ruin your look. And, nowadays there are countless women who are plagued with this troubling hair condition.
Various unavoidable factors can lead to excessive production of oil in your scalp and make your tresses appear greasy.
If you too are someone who is troubled with this annoying hair condition and wish to get rid of it, then today's post is ideal for you. As today, we've brought together a list of tips and tricks that can help you banish oiliness from your scalp and hair.
These expert-approved tricks can make a world of difference to the state of your hair and prevent it from looking greasy and unclean.
Moreover, these tips and tricks can be easily followed without splurging any money. So, just make a few changes in your hair care routine and bid adieu to oily scalp and hair, right at home.
Read on to know about these useful tips, here:
1. Use A Dry Shampoo
Dry shampoos are especially formulated for oily scalp and hair. Instead of washing your hair, just apply a little bit of dry shampoo to your scalp and tresses. It will absorb the excess oil and leave your tresses looking clean and clear.
2. Treat Your Hair With An Egg White Mask
Egg white mask is an age-old remedy for oily scalp and hair. This hair mask is a rich source of protein and antioxidants that can effectively absorb excess oil from your scalp. Once a week, treat your troubled hair with this homemade mask to get a grease-free mane.
3. Avoid Excessive Brushing Of Your Strands
Excessive brushing can lead to an over-production of sebum in your scalp. That is why, hair care experts always urge people to brush their hair only twice a day, as overdoing it can only do more harm than good.
4. Stay Away From Heat-styling Tools
A majority of us use heat-styling tools like straighteners or curling irons on a regular basis. This can lead to an excess production of sebum in the scalp and lead to oily hair. So, it's better to stay away from heat-styling tools.
5. Avoid Touching Your Scalp
Build-up of impurities, dirt and grime in your scalp can also lead to the over-production of sebum in your scalp. And, touching your scalp is a way of transferring all the dirt from your hands to the scalp. So, just avoid touching your scalp to ensure that it stays clean and dirt-free.
6. Apply Apple Cider Vinegar
High content of acetic acid in apple cider vinegar enables it to remove the debris from your scalp and prevent it from getting too oily. Just mix this remedy with water and rinse your hair with the resulting solution. This method can be used once a week for preventing your scalp and hair from getting greasy and unsightly.
7. Use Products That Are Suitable For Oily Hair
If your hair type is oily, then it is highly recommended to use hair care products that are especially formulated for this hair type. Such hair products consist of ingredients that can absorb the excess oil on your scalp and prevent your strands from becoming greasy.
8. Keep Your Scalp And Hair Clean
This may seem like a no-brainer; however, this is a life-changing tip for people who have oily scalp and hair, as presence of dirt on your scalp and in your hair makes it highly vulnerable and prone to oiliness. That is why, it is best to ensure that your scalp and hair is clean at all times.
- Did You Know That Eggs Can Do So Much For Your Hair?
- 5 Food Items You Should Be Eating Daily To Prevent Hair Loss
- 10 Amazing Dry Hair Homemade Treatments That Actually Work
- Do You Follow These Night Time Beauty Routine?
- Post Straightening Hair Care
- Get Shiny, Silky And Smooth Hair With These Best Oil Concoctions
- Does Hair Fall Bother You? Here Are 10 Best Foods To Arrest Hair Fall
- Worried About Smelly Hair? Try These Home Remedies
- Easy And Quick Hairstyles You Must Surely Try For Your Next Office Party
- Want To Treat Damaged Hair? Try Out These Amazing Hacks
- Home Remedies To Dye Your Hair
- Easy Homemade Masks For Sun Damaged Hair
- Tips To Keep Your Wall Clean