- 9 min ago Lip Stain: What is It And How To Use It
- 24 min ago Chemicals In Beauty Products May Harm Women's Reproductive Hormones, Says Study
- 57 min ago On Shabana Azmi's 69th Birthday: Some Prominent Achievements Of The Actress
- 2 hrs ago What You Need To Know About The Ranna Puja (Cooking Festival) In West Bengal
- Movies Akshaye Khanna On Marriage: I’m Not Cut Out For Sharing My Life With A Partner Or Kids
- Automobiles Tamil Nadu Announced A New EV Policy: Aims At Becoming EV Hub Of India
- News Never asked for imposing Hindi over other regional languages: Amit Shah
- Education What Is CBSE Private Candidate? Know About Eligibility, Form, Admit Card And Result
- Sports Osaka battles into quarters as Kerber rediscovers winning habit
- Technology Dead Russian Satellite Debris Might Be Huge Threat To Genesis II Spacecraft
- Finance Airtel Payments Bank Launches "Bharosa" Savings Account
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
When it comes to hair care, there is one thing that women are more concerned about, apart from hair breakage and split ends, and that is grey hair. And, it becomes more of a problem when it is premature greying of hair. While most women resort to colouring their tresses to hide grey hair, it is not a permanent solution - neither is it recommended as it can at times damage your hair, resulting in hair breakage and split ends.
There are times when women wonder what could be a possible solution to grey hair. Well, home remedies work wonders for your hair and help in solving a number of hair care problems - including grey hair. Besides, using natural ingredients for hair care means that they are chemical-free and are completely safe to use. And, what could be better than using rich and essential oils for your hair?
Speaking of oils, have you ever heard of argan oil or have you ever tried using it for hair care or for treating grey hair? If you haven't, you must try it today. It is loaded with an array of benefits and is a premium choice for hair care. But before we move on to what is argan oil and how to include it in your hair care routine, we must understand a very basic thing - what causes grey hair?
What Causes Grey Hair?
Grey hair can be caused due to a number of factors, the most prominent and common ones are listed below:
- Deficiency of essential vitamins is one of the major causes of grey hair.
- Improper diet is another factor that causes grey hair.
- Environmental factors like dirt, dust, and pollution can take a toll on your tresses and damage them, leading to grey hair.
- An unhealthy scalp can also be a major cause of grey hair as the roots of your hair are not strong enough and are damaged. It also leads to hair breakage and weak hair apart from grey hair.
- Stress is another factor that causes grey hair.
- One of the important reasons for grey hair is using too many heat styling products or colouring your hair quite often.
While the causes of grey hair could be many, it is easy to get rid of grey hair easily using home remedies and essential oils like argan oil.
Is Argan Oil Beneficial For Hair?
Argan oil has a number of benefits attached to it. While it is largely used for treating dull, damaged, and grey hair, it also has other benefits that might surprise you:
- Moisturises your hair
- Deeply nourishes and conditions your hair
- Makes your hair shiny and soft
- Cuts down frizz in your hair
- Repairs hair cuticles
- Eliminates dandruff and treats dry and itchy scalp
- Treats brittle hair
- Promotes hair growth and curbs hair fall
- Protects your hair from sun damage
How To Use Argan Oil To Treat Grey Hair?
You can simply make a homemade hair conditioner using argan oil and use it on your hair after shampooing. Listed below is a quick and easy-to-make argan oil conditioner recipe.
- 3 tbsp Moroccan argan oil
- 2 tbsp shea butter
- 1 tbsp tea tree oil
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp amla powder
How to do
- In a bowl, take the shea butter and Moroccan argan oil. Whisk both the ingredients well.
- Next, add the tea tree oil and coconut oil to the mixture and blend all the ingredients well.
- Lastly, add some amla powder and get the conditioning mask ready.
- Wash your hair with a mild sulphate-free shampoo and apply the argan oil conditioner.
- Take a generous amount of conditioner and massage your scalp and hair with it. Leave it on for 15-20 minutes and then proceed to wash it off with warm water.
- Use this conditioner every time you shampoo your hair - preferably twice a week for desired results.