Oily hair can be a nightmare especially if you have an important event to attend and your hair looks greasy. The sebaceous glands on the scalp can sometimes produce excess sebum and the result is oily hair. Also, when you don't wash your often, your hair and scalp accumulate dirt and other impurities that make them greasy and oily.
We all know the importance of salt in any food item. This single ingredient can make a lot of difference in how a food tastes. But did you know that this key ingredient can also be beneficial for the hair?
Salt acts as an excellent exfoliator that helps in cleansing the scalp thoroughly. The minerals in the salt will help in strengthening the hair follicles. Sea salt also helps in improving blood circulation and eventually promote hair growth.
In this article, we'll be discussing on two ways in which you can use sea salt to bid goodbye to oily hair.
Sea Salt In Shampoo
This remedy works the best when it comes to greasy or oily hair.
- Shampoo as per the length of your hair
- 2-3 tbsp of salt
How to do
First, you need to pour the required amount of your regular shampoo into a container that is clean. Add the salt into the shampoo and mix the ingredients well. Mix it in such a way that the salt completely dissolves in the shampoo. Shampoo your hair with this mixture. Make sure that you gently massage your scalp and hair for about 5 minutes. You can leave it on further for 10 minutes and rinse your hair with lukewarm water first. Finally, rinse your hair with cold water. Now you can apply a conditioner suitable for your hair and wash it off. You can use this remedy 2 to 3 times a week. However, overusing this would make your hair dry and frizzy.
Sea Salt And Aloe Vera
Aloe vera helps in getting rid of any product build-ups that can clog the pores of the scalp.
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp aloe vera gel
What to do
Take fresh aloe vera leaf. Peel off the skin and sides of the leaf and scoop out the white gel from it. Transfer this into a clean bowl. Add the sea salt and mix both the ingredients well until the salt dissolves. Start applying this on your hair and scalp. Gently massage with the help of your fingertips in a circular motion for few minutes. Make sure that you cover the roots and tips of your hair. Let it stay for about 15 to 20 minutes. After 20 minutes you can wash it off with a mild, sulfate-free shampoo.
TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Sabarimala Row: All-party Meet Inconclusive; Will Stick To SC Order, Says CM Vijayan
- New Jawa, Jawa 42 And Perak Motorcycles India Launch
- Inside Details About DeepVeer's Konkani-Brahmin Wedding
- India Tour Of Australia: Ganguly Reveals Why Virat Kohli And Team Have The Best Chance To Beat Australia
- Best Phones With Dual-Rear Cameras To Buy In India Under Rs 10,000
- Value Stocks To Buy Under Rs 50
- India Beach Fashion Week: Swara Bhasker's Attire Is About Giving Festive Wear A Breezy Touch
- Wonderful Beaches In And Around Kanyakumari That Are Worth Exploring