Does your hair lack lustre? Do you often feel that your hair is losing its shine day by day? Well, you've got to do something really quick to get your hair back on track - something that might get your hair its shine back. And what could that possibly be? We know the hack! And, we have got you covered in this article.
All you need is a hair serum - the one which will promise to give your hair its shine back and the one which will have no side effects whatsoever. And, you may ask...how do we do that? Well, it is pretty simple. You can make a hair serum at home. Surprised, aren't you?
It's quite an easy task to make a hair serum at home. All you need are some basic ingredients that are readily available in the market. And why homemade serum you may ask, especially when there are so many serums available in the market? Why not just go and buy one?
Well, homemade products are always the best, as they are cost-effective and have no side effects in them. Plus, an added advantage of homemade beauty products is that you know what exactly goes into making a particular product, its uses, and its benefits, unlike store-bought products which might use some harmful chemicals.
Coconut Water and Aloe Vera Gel-Based Hair Serum
Coming back to the point...how to make your hair shine naturally at home? To answer that in the simplest way - you can make coconut water and aloe vera gel-based hair serum at home. How to do that? Let's get started with the ingredients first.
- 2 tablespoons of freshly extracted aloe vera gel
- 4 tablespoons of coconut water
- 2 tablespoons of jojoba oil
- 1 spray bottle to store the hair serum
How To Prepare:
- Take a medium-sized bowl.
- Pour freshly extracted aloe vera gel in it.
- Now, add coconut water to the aloe vera gel and mix it well until it completely blends into one mixture.
- Then, add jojoba oil to the mixture and blend well again.
- Once the mixture is properly blended, pour it into the spray bottle. It is now ready for use.
Tip: Store this serum in a cool and dry place. It can be stored for a long time and does not really have an expiry date to it. However, you need to keep it away from heat or sunlight.
How To Apply:
- Shampoo your hair properly.
- Then, apply a suitable conditioner.
- Once you have washed away all the conditioner from your hair, you can pat it dry with a towel or a hair dryer.
- Now, take the spray bottle and spray some serum on your hair. Then, glide your hands from top to bottom of your hair and spread the serum everywhere properly. Make sure that you apply the serum to your entire hair, avoiding the scalp.
- Leave it on.
Now that you know how to make this super-easy serum for shiny hair, it is time for you to know the benefits of each of these ingredients - the basic reason why we have used it in the first place.
Benefits Of Coconut Water For Hair
- It keeps your hair hydrated
- It prevents hair breakage
- It helps to detangle your hair
- It nourishes the scalp and keeps your hair healthy
- It controls frizz and dryness in your hairstyle
Benefits Of Aloe Vera Gel For Hair
- It repairs damaged hair
- It promotes hair growth
- It has antifungal and antiviral properties
- It moisturises your hair and locks all the essential nutrients
- It prevents split ends
Benefits Of Jojoba Oil For Hair
- It moisturises your scalp
- It acts as a cleanser
- It curbs hair loss and promotes hair growth
- It helps in controlling/reducing dandruff
- It helps to add volume to your hair
Do subscribe to Boldsky for more such fun tips, tricks, and hacks on skin care, makeup, and hair care. Also, let us know in the comments section below if you liked this homemade coconut water hair serum.
TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- BJP-Cong Spar Over EVMs Again: This Time There Is An International Conspiracy To It
- ICC Awards 2018 Winners' List: Virat Kohli Sweeps Awards; Makes History
- New Upcoming Maruti Cars In India — 12 New Models In Next Two Years
- Reliance Jio To Foray Into E-Commerce Business In India
- 7 Best Monthly Income Plans To Consider For 2019
- Kangana on #MeToo: I Was Pinched On My B*tt In The Middle Of A Group
- The Surreal Mahoba, An Offbeat Gem In Uttar Pradesh
- Health Benefits Of L-arginine