- 49 min ago Congratulations To Arjun Rampal & Gabriella Demetriades! Baby Care Tips For New Parents
- 2 hrs ago Man Finds Wedding Ring Atop A Carrot 3 Years After It Went Missing
- 3 hrs ago Priyanka Chopra Jonas & Sophie Turner Proves That Sisters Who Slay Together Stay Together
- 3 hrs ago Did You Know That Exposure To Pesticides Can Lead To Depression?
- News HDK escapes floor test today: Here's how the day unfolded in K'taka assembly?
- Sports Dhawan picks up bat for first time for 'Bottle Cap Challenge' post injury in World Cup
- Movies Samantha Akkineni Finds Herself In Embarrassing Situation Due To Nagarjuna?
- Technology PUBG 4.1 Beta Update Brings Season 4, New Story Trailer And Lot More
- Automobiles 2019 Datsun Redi-GO Launched: Updated With New Features & Safety Equipment
- Finance Model Tenancy Act To Give A Fillip To Rental Housing: Here's A Fine Print
- Education DU JAT Result 2019 Released: Check Direct Links And Final Answer Key
- Travel 5 Ideal Weekend Getaways in Chandigarh
Summer is here and so is the need to take care of your hair. Dull and frizzy hair is always a nightmare for all the ladies out there. After all, smooth, silky and healthier hair adds on to one's own personality along with enhancing the beauty.
But due to several reasons like chemical treatments, environmental factors like pollution, over exposure to the sun, etc., it could lead to damaged and frizzy hair. This issue is something in common faced by most of the Indian women. But we do not realize that this can be cured if you take care of it properly.
The sun cannot really burn hair, but sun exposure will damage your hair's natural protective film. Humidity affects the hydrogen bonds in the hair and to a lesser extent, the salt bonds.
In order to take care of your tresses in summer you should follow certain tips to prevent it from drying which also leads to hair fall. Here are some hair care tips that you can try out to guard your hair form the scorching sun. Let's see what they are.
Summer Hair Care Tips
1. Stop Using Heating Products
As the strong heat of the sun can already damage the hair and make it frizzy, it is better to keep away from heating products, especially hair dryers.
Try to avoid heat blow dryers and use cold blow dryers instead if at all there's a necessity. When it comes to showering, hot water can also cause damage to your hair. Always use lukewarm water to shower your hair.
2. Go In For That Regular Trimming
Split end is a common hair damage. But during summer your hair is more prone to split ends at a faster rate. Split ends will make your hair look dull and damaged despite of how you maintain it. Trimming your hair every 4-6 months once can help the hair from getting split ends. There are also haircuts that show less of split ends if you have a lot of them bothering you. Even though there are shampoos available to reduce split ends, hair trimming is an all-time solution.
3. Protect Your Hair
During summers it is very likely that your hair gets frizzy and dry when you go out in the sun.
Always protect your hair from the sun and the environmental pollution while stepping out of your home. Use a pretty scarf, a bandana or even a cap to cover your hair.
4. Do Not Wash Your Hair Every Day
Yes, it's a myth that washing your hair every day would make your hair cleaner and healthier. But it's a misinterpretation. Washing your hair does make your hair cleaner but not every day. In fact, if you wash your tresses every day, it will make your scalp turn even more oily. So, it's better to wash it thrice a week maximum for healthy tresses, especially during summer.
5. Drink More And More Of Water
There is no better superhero than water to protect your hair this summer. No one needs to remind you of the effects of dehydration on your skin. Drink at least 4 l of water every day. When you consume ample amount of water your body absorbs it and your scalp retains the moisture and strength which protects your hair follicles.
6. Select Your Comb
Select that comb which has wide gaps rather than those fancy hair brushes. The benefit of using a wide gaped comb is that it will untangle those stubborn knots without causing any hair fall and it will protect your delicate hair follicles from the daily heat of the sun.
7. Oil Treatment
Yes, you read that right. Your hair needs that pampering during summers too. Gently massage your scalp with your favourite kind of oil and restore the moisture level and bring back the strength and nourishment your hair needs. You can use the oil according to your preferences like olive oil, coconut oil, rosemary oil. etc.
8. Use Conditioner
Make sure that you apply a good quality conditioner that suits your hair. If you go for swimming during summers do apply the leave-in conditioner on your hair and don't forget to wear a cap. Here is a simple conditioner that you can make at home.
Egg Yolk And Olive Oil Conditioner
Egg and olive oil help in hydrating and thus leave your hair smooth and manageable. Mix two egg yolks in a bowl, add two tablespoons of olive oil and mix them well. If you want, you can add water to make the mixture easy to apply. Divide your hair into sections and apply the mixture with the help of a brush. Leave the mixture on your hair for 1-2 hours and wash it off in cold water with a mild shampoo and regular conditioner. Use this conditioner once in a week.