- 11 hrs ago From Deepika Padukone To Tamannaah Bhatia, These Divas Gave Us Sari Goals For Various Occasions
- 12 hrs ago Gauri Khan's Corset And Geometrically-Patterned Lehenga Is The Refreshing Outfit We All Wish We Had
- 12 hrs ago 8 Diseases Caused Due To Poor Sexual Hygiene
- 13 hrs ago Instagram Beauty Looks Of The Week: Zendaya, Shraddha Kapoor, Hina Khan & More
- Technology Flipkart Republic Day Sale 2020: Offers And Discounts On Samsung, Apple, Nokia, Xiaomi And More
- Movies TRP Toppers Online: Bigg Boss 13 Tops Chart With Record Breaking Number; Naagin 4 Witnesses Drop
- Sports Hero I-League 2019-20: Churchill Brothers look to halt TRAU’s winning run
- News No state can deny implementation of CAA, it’s unconstitutional: Kapil Sibal
- Finance Budget 2020: Halwa Ceremony On 20 January
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
Hair fall, split ends, damaged hair, dandruff, lice, frizz, dry hair, oily scalp and so many more kinds of hair problems are faced by many of us. When starting to treat these at home, we just limit to some mass-marketed hair oils, hair packs or hair masks.
Let's expand the ingredient list for treating all common hair problems at home and one of the unusual yet very useful ones is hibiscus.
Hibiscus can tremendously impact the health of your hair because of its high Vitamin C, amino acids, Vitamin A and alpha-hydroxy acids content.
Easy availability and affordable pricing makes hibiscus hair oil recipes a must try for all suffering with common hair problems.
Hibiscus can be directly applied on the hair and scalp in the form of an oil or hair mask. Depending on the time you can spend, you can prepare the given hibiscus-based hair oil recipes at home to treat your hair problems.
Please note, each of the hibiscus-based hair oil recipes given here takes time to show its results and you've got to apply it for a considerable span to see a noticeable change in your hair texture and quality.
Recipe 1: Hibiscus-Coconut Oil
Very easy to prepare with only two easily available ingredients - hibiscus flowers and coconut oil, this hair oil mixture preparation at home is quick to do. This can be preserved in a glass jar for future use and application.
- 20 hibiscus flowers
- 500 ml of coconut oil
- A pan
1. Heat the coconut oil in a pan on low flame.
2. After heating the coconut oil for 5 minutes, add 10-15 fresh hibiscus flowers.
3. Start stirring the oil and hibiscus flowers together.
4. After a while, the colour of the hair oil will change to dark yellow or red (depending on the quality of the hibiscus flowers used).
5. Turn off your gas and add the remaining (5-8) hibiscus flowers.
6. Let this rest for 5 hours or overnight for faster actions.
7. Strain the oil into a glass jar and your simplest hibiscus hair oil recipe is ready for use.
Recipe 2: Hibiscus-Coconut-Castor Oil
This hibiscus hair oil preparation with coconut and castor oil is also an overnight process. Along with the hibiscus flowers and two oils, you would also require some methi seeds to prepare this hibiscus hair oil at home.
- 20 dry hibiscus flowers
- 1/2 cup/500 ml of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of methi seeds
- 2 tablespoons of castor oil
- 1 pan
1. Place the pan on the gas at low flame.
2. Pour the coconut oil first and let it get warm for 5 minutes.
3. Add the dry hibiscus flowers. Please dry the hibiscus flowers beforehand under the sun, so that there is no moisture content in it.
4. Once the oil in the pan begins to change its colour, add a tablespoon of methi seeds.
5. After adding the methi seeds, heat it for the next 5 minutes till the seeds melt.
6. Now turn off the gas and leave this all night.
7. Next morning, strain the oil into a glass bowl.
8. Add two tablespoons of castor oil in the oil you made and stir again.
9. Your hibiscus-coconut-castor oil is ready for use.
Recipe 3: Aloe-Hibiscus-Neem Hair Oil
Neem oil is known to be effective in treating infections in the body and on the skin. Its rich antibacterial action helps treat hair and scalp infections. This hibiscus hair oil recipe is the best remedy for treating itchy, smelly and irritated scalp and hair.
- 18-20 sun-dried hibiscus flowers
- 3 tablespoons of fresh aloe vera gel
- 5-8 hibiscus leaves
- Half a small bowl of fresh neem leaves
- 2 tablespoons of methi
- 500 ml of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of castor oil
- 2 teaspoons of camphor powder
1. In the mixer, pour the aloe vera gel and 10 hibiscus flowers. Grind this to a fine paste.
2. Place a pan on the stove at medium flame, pour the hibiscus paste that you made.
3. Cook this on medium flame, until the paste lessens to half of its quantity.
4. Add coconut oil, castor oil, methi, and camphor powder one after the other.
5. Keep cooking this for the next 1-2 hours, until the entire moisture content vanishes and there is only oil in your pan. The colour of the oil should be white like.
6. When your oil is ready, add all the left-over hibiscus flowers. Stir for a while.
7. Tear the neem leaves and hibiscus leaves into small pieces. Add this to the oil as well.
8. Leave your aloe-hibiscus-neem hair oil for the next two hours followed by straining it into a clean glass bowl.