Before trying the egg shampoo recipes on your hair, it is important to know why you should invest time in making and applying them on your hair. Here are the amazing benefits of using egg-based shampoos on hair. The best part is, these can be tried right at the comfort of your home, so take a look.
a) Egg is a storehouse of protein. This initiates growth of new hair and also checks hair loss.
b) Vitamin content of egg provides nourishment to weak and damaged hair.
c) The liquid texture of egg finds it easy to make its way through the hair to the scalp.
d) Egg works on the hair texture and makes the present hair go softer and silkier.
e) Egg can boost melanin production in the hair, which stops pre-mature hair discolouration.
Now that you know an egg can actually work on several hair problems, this is how you can add it to your hair care routine. With an egg, you need to add an additional natural ingredient to prepare these egg recipes and make your hair go soft and silky in one shot.
For all the below-mentioned egg recipes, you have to use both egg white and yolk. Don't try going picky among the two, as it will not yield 100% result. So, try it out.
Egg + Lemon
- Beat the egg.
- Squeeze the lemon in the egg.
- Mix the egg and lemon mixture together. Apply it on the hair like a mask.
- Do not try preserving this. You have to prepare and apply it on the hair immediately.
- Rinse with water.
Egg + Apple Cider Vinegar
5 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- Beat the egg to a smooth paste.
- Add the apple cider vinegar.
- Mix the egg and apple cider vinegar mixture completely. Do not add extra apple cider vinegar, as it may damage your hair.
- Apply it on your hair during the bath and rinse off with water.
- This works best for those who have dandruff problems.
Egg + Your Present Shampoo
1/2 cup shampoo
- This is a rather simple method, which is quite effective.
- Beat the egg and add 1/2 a cup of shampoo to it.
- While preparing it if you find the mixture to be uneven, you can add more shampoo but not the egg.
- Ensure after using this, you rinse off your hair well with water.
Egg + Curd
1 small bowl of curd (3 tablespoons)
- Preparing an egg & curd-based shampoo at home is an overnight process.
- Begin by straining the curd all night long, so that all the extra water/whey is extracted.
- Beat the egg the next morning. Add the hung curd and mix the two till a smooth paste is obtained.
- Apply this on your hair,wait for ten minutes and then wash it off.
- This helps to degunk your scalp if you think it's very dusty and dirty of late.
Egg + Aloe Vera Gel
3 aloe vera leaves
- Strip the aloe vera leaves from the center and collect its gel in a bowl.
- Beat the egg and add it to the aloe vera gel you've obtained.
- Mix the egg and the aloe vera gel well before use.
- You have to use this egg-based hair shampoo as fresh as possible.
- Apply it on the hair and rinse off.