Like your body, your hair requires nourishment too. Without proper nutrients, you won’t be able to get long, strong and healthy hair. And to provide nourishment to your hair and scalp, oiling your hair becomes a crucial thing.
Nowadays, teenagers always run away in the name of “oiling hair”, as they feel this makes their hair turn more greasy. After all, you can’t go out having oily hair, right? But, you should treat your hair with oil at least over the weekends.
Also Read: 7 Ways To Use Hot Mustard Oil On Hair
Thus, you don’t need to have greasy hair while going out and your hair will also get enough nourishment. The benefits of oiling your hair are numerous.
But, how often should you oil your hair? It is true that if you oil your hair regularly, it will clog the pores and make your hair and scalp turn too oily.
This will attract dust and pollution and create dandruff. So, it is essential to know how often you should oil your hair.
To get the maximum benefits of oiling your hair, you should know this very well. If you ask any expert beautician, he/she will advice you the best ways to apply oil on your hair.
So, what are the benefits of oiling your hair? Herbal oils like coconut oil, olive oil, etc, can keep your scalp as well as your hair well moisturised.
During winter, your hair becomes drier. If you have dry hair, you can face breakage and split ends during this time. So, oiling becomes a very important thing. So, how often should you oil your hair? Have a look at it here.
1. For Dry Hair: For dry hair, you should oil your hair regularly. If it's not possible, apply oil on your hair at least 2-3 times in a week. For deep conditioning, you could pick castor oil or coconut oil and follow a steaming of hair to let the oil reach deep inside.
2. For Oily Hair: Oiling this type of a hair will only make your hair feel more sticky and odorous. You should oil this hair type once in a week and also use a good quality shampoo, which can remove excess oil from your scalp. Try to avoid heavy oils like castor oil or olive oil for oily hair.
Also Read: Right Ways To Oil Your Hair
3. For Normal Hair: How often should you oil your hair if you have normal hair? As normal hair is less prone to problems like tangled hair or breakage, you can handle it more easily. Extra-virgin coconut or olive oil is good for normal hair. Apply oil at least twice in a week for normal hair.
4. Keep It Overnight: If you want to get the best result from oiling, oil your hair before going to bed. Wrap it up with a towel and sleep. It will nourish your hair the best, while your body is resting. Shampoo your hair the next morning.
5. Hot Oil Massage: This is a famous oil application method from generation and it is proved to give you strong hair strands with a healthy scalp. Apply this remedy at least once in a week. Take adequate oil and heat it. Then use this oil to massage your hair and scalp gently.
6. Don’t Rub Your Scalp, But Use Fingertips: Rubbing your scalp with your palm can cause a lot of hair fall. Dip your fingers in some oil and massage your hair and scalp gently with your fingertips. Massage for at least 15-20 minutes. Never leave the oil on your scalp for more than 24 hours.
Try these tips and make your hair strong and healthy, naturally.