- 2 hrs ago Over 104.5 Crore COVID-19 Vaccine Doses Provided To States, UTs: Centre
- 7 hrs ago Karwa Chauth 2021: Rubina Dilaik, Raveena Tandon, And Other Divas In Their Gorgeous Ethnic Suits
- 18 hrs ago Deficiency Of These Vitamins And Minerals Can Cause Insomnia
- 20 hrs ago COVID-19: Back-To-School Tips For Parents And Children
- Sports T20 World Cup 2021, Group 2, Afghanistan vs Scotland: Teams look to open campaign with win
- Movies Bigg Boss Telugu 5 Elimination: Priya Gets Evicted From The Show
- Finance LIC Mutual Fund Launched Balanced Advantage Funds BAFs: Should One Invest?
- News Amit Shah to inaugurate research centre at IIT Jammu, address rally today
- Technology How To Check Jio Number: USSD Codes, SMS, MyJio App And More
- Travel Himachal Pradesh's Best Winter Destinations
- Education ICSE, ISC Board Exams Revised Datesheet 2021-22 Released By CISCE, Check Time Table Here
- Automobiles Dual-Tone Colours For TVS Radeon Launched Ahead Of Festive Season; Priced Slightly Higher
A moisturizer is an essential skin care product that creates a protective layer of moisture on your skin, thereby preventing it from getting dehydrated and looking dull.
Skin care experts all over the world urge women to make sure that their skin stays well-moisturized at all times. Not only does it keep flakiness at bay, but it also helps your skin stay healthy and youthful.
Not moisturizing your skin every day or not doing it properly can make your skin age faster and cause premature signs of ageing appear sooner, like wrinkles and fine lines.
There are certain moisturizer mistakes that most of us make on an everyday basis. These mistakes can make our skin age faster. Today, at Boldsky, we're letting you know about the most common moisturizer mistakes that can make your skin look older than it actually is.
Avoid making these mistakes to make sure that your skin looks refreshing and youthful at all times. Take a look at them here:
Slathering Moisturizer On Dry Skin
This is the most common moisturizer mistake that a majority of us have made at some point or the other. Applying moisturizer on dry skin is not as effective as applying it to damp skin.
For the moisturizer to get completely absorbed into your skin, it is essential for your skin to be a bit damp.
Inconsistent Application Of Moisturizer
Most women these days are always pressed for time. And, there are times when we either apply too much or too little of the moisturizer.
This inconsistency can have an adverse effect on the condition of the skin. So, avoid inconsistent application of moisturizer to make sure that your skin looks its absolute best at all times.
Forgetting The Neck Area
This is another moisturizer sin that most of us have committed at some point or the other in our lives. We pay extra attention to our facial skin, while end up ignoring the skin on our neck area.
This habit can make the skin on your neck age faster and also look darker than your facial skin.
Applying Makeup Right After Applying The Moisturizer
This is the next moisturizer mistake that we must avoid at all costs. The moisturizer needs to stay on your skin for about 10-15 minutes to be able to form an even surface on your skin's outer layer.
Applying makeup right after applying moisturizer can leave your skin exposed to the harsh chemicals present in the makeup products.
Not Paying Attention To The Ingredients
Have you ever picked up a moisturizer without paying attention to the ingredients used in it? If so, then it is about time to read the label prior to purchasing a moisturizer.
Any moisturizer that is spiked with tons of chemicals can do more harm than good to your skin and make it age faster.
Not Using The Moisturizer Made For Your Skin Type
Not using the moisturizer exclusively made for your skin type is another mistake that can make your skin age faster. All skin is different and it is crucial to use the product that is specifically formulated for your skin type.
Not Applying Moisturizer On Oily Skin
This is another common moisturizer mistake that can cause premature signs of ageing. Even if your skin looks oily, it is still important to make sure that it is well-moisturized.
As moisture deficiency can adversely affect the state of all skin types. It is wise to use a moisturizer that is especially made for oily skin type.
Not Exfoliating Your Skin
Not exfoliating your skin can cause a build-up of dead skin cells and grime. Accumulated impurities in your skin pores can make it difficult for a moisturizer to reach to your skin's inner layers. And, lack of moisture can cause dullness as well as premature signs of ageing to develop.