- 3 hrs ago Daily Horoscope 14 December 2019
- 12 hrs ago What The--! Thousands Of Penis Fishes Found On California Beach
- 12 hrs ago Scientists Develop Once-a-month Contraceptive Pill, Human Trials To Be Done Soon
- 13 hrs ago A 78-Year-Old Pensioner Gets A Christmas Surprise And The Video Will Move You To Tears
- News RRB NTPC Exam 2019 date: Crores fooled by this notice
- Sports Year Ender 2019: PV Sindhu BWF gold, Satwiksairaj-Chirag doubles' success only highlights of a dull year for India
- Technology List Of Most Searched 'How To' Guides On Google In India In 2019
- Movies Arjun Kapoor Faced 3 To 4 Rejections From Aditya Chopra Before He Cracked Ishaqzaade Audition
- Automobiles New 2020 Suzuki Hayabusa Launched In India: Priced At Rs 13.75 Lakh
- Finance Prince Pipes To Launch IPO On Dec 18
- Travel Tips To Have A Local Experience When Travelling Or Moving Overseas
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
How to get rid of dark neck with baking soda? Is baking soda safe to use? How soon can you expect results? How often can you use?
Every time we come across a new ingredient that has proven to bring any result in treating skin problem, our mind automatically boggles with questions - how, when, why! But, unfortunately, we have next to no answers.
Which is precisely why we've created this "all-comprehensive" post that answers all your question, like how to get rid of dark neck with baking soda, so you can take a well-informed decision.
Why is your neck dark? Discolouration happens due to excess melanin production in the body, which is triggered due to hormonal imbalance, pregnancy, smoking or exposure to UV rays.
How baking soda helps? Rough granules of baking soda work as a mild exfoliant that slough off the dead skin layers, which cleanses skin and removes pigmentation. Anti-bacterial properties present kill infection-causing bacteria.
Within a week, you will notice a difference in the skin tone; however, to completely remove hyper-pigmentation, it can take anywhere between 2 and 3 months.
To avoid adverse effects, patch test the baking soda paste for dark neck first and restrict the usage to twice a week.
Here is a step-by-step method on how to get rid of dark neck using baking soda!
Take a bowl, and add 1 teaspoon of baking soda to it. Make sure to use soft granulated quality baking soda, which is not excessively harsh on the skin.
Add half a teaspoon of yogurt to it and whisk it into a smooth paste. Yogurt has lactic acid, which lightens, brightens and smoothens the skin.
Alternatively, you can also use plain water to whip up the baking powder into paste, when treating dark neck.
Add a few drops of coconut oil to the paste; and using a fork, stir it well, until all ingredients combine well into a smooth paste. Lauric acid in the coconut oil will help cleanse the dirt out of pores and remove black spots.
Take microfiber towel, dip it in hot water, wring out the excess water and gently dab it on the area around your neck for a minute or two. The steam from the towel will help open pores, allowing the remedy to get rid of dark neck to work faster.
To patch test the mask, apply it on a small area on the back of your palm. Let it sit for a few minutes. Only when it does not react adversely, or cause the skin to inflame, proceed to apply it to your neck.
Apply a thin coat to your neck. Make sure to apply it sparingly and not cake it.
Let the mask sit for 15 minutes. Once it is dry, spritz it with some water. Scrub in a circular motion and then rinse it with plain water.
Pat dry the area with a soft towel. Make sure to not rub it. You can also use kitchen towel and dab in the skin gently to remove excess moisture.
When still slightly damp, massage the area with a light body lotion, one that is not greasy, as it can leave the area oily, causing the pores to get clogged again.
Note - If you have an open wound or acne on the area, avoid using baking powder for dark neck.
If you have any more tips on how to get rid of dark neck overnight, do share them with us in the comment section below!