- 6 hrs ago What The--! Thousands Of Penis Fishes Found On California Beach
- 6 hrs ago Scientists Develop Once-a-month Contraceptive Pill, Human Trials To Be Done Soon
- 7 hrs ago A 78-Year-Old Pensioner Gets A Christmas Surprise And The Video Will Move You To Tears
- 7 hrs ago The Navy Officer’s Wife Vidya Raju Rescues 20 Kg Python, Video Goes Viral
- Technology NASA Finds Water Ice On Mars; Could Life Be Possible?
- Movies Arjun Kapoor Faced 3 To 4 Rejections From Aditya Chopra Before He Cracked Ishaqzaade Audition
- Sports Injured Bhuvneshwar Kumar may miss the ODI series against West Indies
- News Refineries shut, fuel crisis likely in Northeast if agitation continues
- Automobiles New 2020 Suzuki Hayabusa Launched In India: Priced At Rs 13.75 Lakh
- Finance Prince Pipes To Launch IPO On Dec 18
- Travel Tips To Have A Local Experience When Travelling Or Moving Overseas
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
How to do dry skin brushing? A question that has piqued our interest at one point or the other. However, before we further explore on how to, it is probably wise to understand what it is and how it can make a difference to our skin!
So, what is dry skin brushing? It is a massage technique, which is done before a regular shower using a stiff boar-bristled loofah.
What are the benefits of dry skin brushing? The answer for this is, more than what you imagined possible. Of the many benefits, probably the most tauted is the radical difference in the appearance of cellulite.
Cellulite is nothing but toxic fat accumulation, which causes the skin to wrinkle. Dry skin brushing tightens the epidermis, and breaks down the toxic material under the skin, which in turn reduces the appearance of the cellulite.
Other than that, dry skin brushing sloughs off the dead skin layer, boosts blood circulation, tones muscles and improves the appearance of the skin.
Before we get started, there are certain things you need to keep in mind! If you have sensitive skin, use a dry wash cloth instead of a brush. Also, avoid using the technique if you have an open wound or skin infection! And the most important, never try dry brushing on facial skin.
So, here is the step-by-step method on dry skin brushing! Take a look.
Buy a boar-bristled brush, preferably with a long handle, so it can reach all the nook and crannies. Avoid using a synthetic bristled brush, as it can be aggressive on the skin!
Don't moisten your skin or apply any lotion. Simply commence by scrubbing just with the brush. Starting from your feet, work your way upwards in long strokes.
Don't be overtly harsh or too gentle, idea is to apply pressure that is just right for your skin. Repeat the process several times, in a circular motion, to boost blood flow!
When you reach your breasts, slow down and reduce the pressure. Being a sensitive area, you can easily scratch at the surface. Similarly, apply less pressure on your neck, as the skin on your neck tends to be thin and hence more prone to wrinkling.
Once done, go on with your usual shower routine. Later, pat dry your skin with a soft towel. And follow it up with a nourishing body lotion or any herbal oil. We are particularly biased to baby oil, as it soaks right up and leaves your skin dewy soft.
Restrict the dry skin brushing to once or twice a week, as excessive brushing can leave your skin dry.
Do give these easy steps on using a dry loofah a definite try, and let us know how it worked for you in the comment section below!