Although we harp consistently about going 'au naturel', and never again letting toxic chemicals touch our skin, sadly, our claims never go beyond empty words to actual action! And that's why, we set out to make the job easy for you with this easy homemade organic body wash recipe.
Fact check : Your regular soap is not exactly what it claims to be! The high pH level of soap disrupts the skin's natural acid mantle, which in turn makes it susceptible to foreign invaders.
Not just that, your skin has both good bacteria and bad bacteria. Good bacteria lives in perfect harmony with your skin, making a protective shield against invading microbes. Soap kills both these bacteria, leaving your skin vulnerable to diseases.
And when you reuse someone else's soap, even after rinsing, it is basically like rubbing someone else's body residue onto your skin!
For this reason and lot more, we recommend this DIY raw honey and lavender body wash.
The main ingredient in this homemade body wash is lavender, honey, aloe vera gel, castile soap and rosemary oil.
Lavender in this homemade organic body wash recipe is packed with antibacterial and antifungal properties that stimulate blood flow, soothe inflammation, and its aromatic fragrance soothes the mind.
Honey acts as a natural humectant that traps moisture, keeping the skin hydrated. Aloe vera is packed with antioxidants that promote skin regeneration and help remove dead skin cells.
Castile soap gives this homemade body wash that foamy effect and rosemary oil keeps you smelling like flowers all day long.
½ a cup of aloe vera gel
½ a cup of castile soap
2 tablespoons of raw honey
1 tablespoon of lavender oil
10 drops of rosemary oil
Also Read: 7 Beauty Benefits Of Cocoa Butter
How To Make
- Pour all the ingredients in the specified quantity in a bowl. Mix until all the ingredients combine well.
- Transfer the solution in a pump top container.
- Use as your regular body wash. Shake well before using it. Store the organic lavender and honey body wash in a cool dry place.
- Make sure to perform a patch test first to eliminate any possibility of side effects.
- If you have any more recipe on how to make herbal body wash at home, do share it with us at the comment section below.