- 1 hr ago Designer Neeta Lulla Shares Interesting Details About Sridevi’s Costumes In A Movie On Her Instagram
- 2 hrs ago Happy Birthday Urvashi Dholakia: Her Stylish Looks As Komolika From Kasautii Zindagii Kay
- 6 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 09 July 2020
- 15 hrs ago National Cleft And Craniofacial Awareness and Prevention Month: What Is Cleft Lip And Palate?
- Finance Yes Bank's FPO Worth Rs 15,000 Crore To Open On 15 July
- Sports CPL 2020: Full squad of six teams after players draft
- Technology Diksha App Download: How to Download, Install and Use Diksha App in PC & Laptops
- News Congress slams Centre, says govt is silent on US deportation threat
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Dispatches 6.70 Lakh Cars Via Indian Railways In Over Six Years
- Movies David Schwimmer Wanted To Work With A More Diverse Cast On Friends
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
- Travel Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In North India In July 2020
Believe us when we say this, shea butter is a boon for your skin. And if you have been thinking, shea butter is just for stretch marks, think again! From hydrating the skin, improving elasticity to tightening the skin, there is much more that shea butter can do.
Shea butter has a high amount of skin-loving vitamins and fatty acids, which penetrate deep into the skin layers, lock in the moisture, keeping the skin well hydrated.
Lupeol Cinnamate, a compound found in shea butter, is known to reduce inflammation, neutralize effects of free radicals and potentially avoid skin mutation.
Not just that, shea butter has a high ratio of oleic, palmitic and linolenic acids that bolster the skin's collagen level, erasing stretch marks, and making the skin smooth and supple.
Long-term usage of shea butter has proven to show skin strengthening, smoothening and wrinkle-reduction benefits!
With so many skin benefits in store, it would be fool-hardy not to include shea butter in your skin care routine, right?
So, without further ado, here are some super-effective shea butter masks for stretch marks!
Mix a tablespoon of organic shea butter with a few drops of lavender oil. Immediately after your bath, massage it to your skin, sparingly. This shea butter body lotion will keep your skin remain dewy soft and supple, all day long.
Heat ½ a cup of coconut oil with 2 tablespoons of shea butter. Add 10 drops of grape seed oil and 1 vitamin E capsule gel. Beat it well and place it in the refrigerator to solidify. When the mixture hardens, take it out and beat it rigorously until you get a soft fluffy consistency. Your all-natural shaving cream is ready to be used!
Stretch Mark Salve
In a double boiler, melt half a cup of shea butter with an equal amount of coconut oil. Add 2 tablespoons of apricot oil, 1 tablespoon of calendula flower extract and ½ a teaspoon of ginger root powder to the mixture. Let the solution simmer for 30 minutes. Turn off the heat, and allow the solution to cool. Strain the salve and store it in an air-tight bottle. Apply this DIY shea butter salve directly on the stretch marks, twice a day, to see a visible difference.
Mix ½ a cup of ground coffee powder, with 2 tablespoons of brown sugar and 2 tablespoons of shea butter. Mix until all the ingredients incorporate well. Scrub your body with the mixture in a circular motion, focussing on the area with stretch marks. Do this for 10 minutes, and then rinse it clean with plain water. Follow it up with a nourishing body lotion.
Dry Skin Lotion
Take 1 tablespoon of shea butter and melt it in low flame, add a tablespoon of aloe vera gel, and 10 drops of argan oil with 5 drops of primrose oil. Mix it well until it blends. Transfer the solution into an air-tight bottle. Use it as your regular body lotion.
Your chipped nails, peeling cuticles and rough skin around the nails can be a real image killer. Here is what you can do. Before hitting the sack, rub your nails with generous amount of shea butter. Put on a pair of gloves and let the cream sit overnight. By morning, your skin will be baby soft.
If you have any more tips on how to use shea butter to lighten stretch marks, do share them with us in the comment section below.