- 6 hrs ago Father’s Day 2021: 5 Grooming Products To Gift Your Dad And Show Him That You Care
- 7 hrs ago International Yoga Day 2021: Benefits Of Tortoise Pose Yoga And How To Do It
- 21 hrs ago Father’s Day 2021: Here’s The History And Significance Of This Day
- 22 hrs ago Milkha Singh Passes Away At 91: Some Facts About The Renowned Athlete
- Movies Father's Day 2021: Ankita Lokhande, Tina Datta, Gautam Rode & Other TV Celebs Wish Their Super Dads!
- Sports Sajan Prakash, Srihari Nataraj bag gold but miss Olympic 'A' cut
- News Tamil Nadu lockdown extended till June 28; travel curbs lifted in 4 districts including Chennai
- Finance Top Discount Stock Brokers Offering Best Demat and Trading Account in India 2021
- Automobiles Tata Motors’ Strides In The Commercial Vehicle Segment: Long Haulage With Tata Trucks
- Technology Samsung Processor With AMD RDNA2 GPU To Launch In July
- Education International Yoga Day 2021: Try These 5 Yoga Exercises To Improve Posture While Working From Home
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
We often suffer from dry skin in every season. Dry skin can embarrass as the white patches and fine lines are clearly visible on the skin. Dry skin can be due to lack of moisture. Even improper skin care can lead to dry skin.
You might think that applying body moisturiser will help overcome this skin problem. However, unknowingly, you are making some mistakes that can cause dry skin. For example, not applying sunscreen or body lotion when you see clouds outside is a mistake that can hamper your skin. Even if the weather is misty, you must not forget to follow your skin care regime. So, here are few mistakes that are making your skin dry.
Mistakes That Causes Dry Skin:
Applying Thick Creams: When your skin is dry, you tend to think that applying a thick cream will moisturise and nourish your skin. Well, this is just a myth as thick cream blocks the skin pores which in turn can make your skin look dark and dull. So, avoid applying thick creams or moisturisers.
Avoiding It After Bath: Most of the people make this mistake and this in turn leads to dry skin. You must ensure that you apply body lotion or a moisturiser after bathing. The skin pores open after a bath, and moisturiser will provide the essential moisture required to prevent dry skin.
Skipping Sunscreen: Sometimes you tend to skip your sunscreen. Sunscreen protects the skin from getting damaged. The UV rays of the sun dries the skin and also tans it.
Over-Exfoliation: Exfoliating is required for proper skin care. But some people over do this process and all the essential natural oils are lost from the skin. This makes your skin dry and rough. Make sure you do not over-exfoliate your skin and are always applying a moisturiser after exfoliation.
Not For Oil-Free Skin: If you think that body lotion or moisturiser is not required for oil-free skin, then you are wrong. Even oily skin needs some moisturising. If you have oily skin, use oil-free body lotion or moisturiser that moisturises the skin and prevents it from becoming more oily.
These are few mistakes that causes dry skin. Do not commit these mistakes if you want to prevent dry skin and ensure proper skin care.