- 1 hr ago Managing Diabetes To Reducing Weight, Some Amazing Health Benefits Of Jicama
- 1 hr ago Yuru Kabgyat Festival 2022: Date, Time, Celebrations, History And Significance
- 3 hrs ago What Is Alagille Syndrome? Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- 3 hrs ago 5 Things To Keep In Mind While Designing Your Kids' Bedroom
- Movies Here’s Why Donal Bisht Is Away From TV Shows
- News PM Modi to inaugurate 1,152 houses constructed under 'Light House Project -- Chennai'
- Education Assam HSLC Result 2022: Check SEBA Class 10 HSLC Result Date, Steps To Download And Other Details
- Technology Boat Airdopes 175 With 35 Hours Of Battery Life Launched; Price & Features
- Automobiles Helmet Mandatory For Pillion Riders In Mumbai - Rs 500 Fine, 3 Month DL Suspension For Offenders
- Finance Emkay Global Recommends Buying This Fashion & Retail Stock For Over 40% Returns
- Sports Endboss 2022 poker tournament concludes on Pokerbaazi; full list of winners, prize money
- Travel Here's Why Maharashtra Should Be Your Next Monsoon Vacation Destination?
The US singer Meat Loaf has died at the age of 74, a statement on his official Facebook page said on January 21. He was best known for his album "Bat Out of Hell" which was one of the top-selling albums of all time. Born Marvin Lee Aday, the singer died on Thursday, January 20, according to the magazine Deadline.
"Our hearts are broken to announce that the incomparable Meat Loaf passed away tonight with his wife Deborah by his side," a message on Meat Loaf's Facebook page read. "Daughters Pearl and Amanda and close friends have been with him throughout the last 24 hours," it added. The statement did not reveal the cause of the singer's death.
Meat Loaf's Life And Work
He was also a recognisable face in Hollywood, having starred in the cult classic "Rocky Horror Picture Show" as well as appearing in the movie "Fight Club," among others. His album "Bat Out of Hell" is among the top 35 best-selling albums in US history having sold over 14 million copies, Deadline magazine said.
Perhaps Meat Loaf's best-known song was the single "I'd Do Anything for Love (But I Won't Do That)" reached the number one spot in the US charts in 1993, staying there for five weeks, according to Deadline.
The magazine also explains that Meat Loaf was set to develop a TV series, based on his hit single, comprising of comedic series of tasks for couples to compete in.
ab/wmr (AP, AFP)
- art cultureEurovision Song Contest 2022 Winners: Ukraine Wins On Public Vote
- menPandit Shivkumar Sharma: Facts About The Santoor Maestro And Music Composer
- wellnessExpert Article: Positive Impact Of Music On Mental Health
- womenLegendary Singer-Actress Barbra Streisand At 80: Still Topping The Charts!
- art cultureIconic English Rock Band Pink Floyd Writes First Song In 28 Years For Ukraine
- art cultureGrammy Awards 2022: Olivia Rodrigo, Jon Batiste, Doja Cat Win; BTS, Justin Bieber, Lil Nas Perform
- womenBillboard Women In Music Awards2022 Best Dressed: Olivia Rodrigo, Normani, Doja Cat And More
- menBappi Lahiri: Legendary Music Director’s Iconic Fashion Statements
- fashion trendsJustin Bieber And Hailey Bieber Twin In White At Super Bowl 2022!
- art cultureBRIT Awards 2022: Adele Wins Top Prizes, Says 'I Can't Believe A Piano Ballad Won'
- fashion trendsBRIT Awards 2022: Adele, Olivia Rodrigo - Decoding Best Dressed Celebrities On The Red Carpet!
- art cultureMultiple Grammy And Oscar Award-Winning Composer John Williams Turns 90