- 38 min ago 7 Awesome And Easy Ways Of Treating Problems Associated With Dry Skin In Winters
- 1 hr ago Amazon Great Indian Sale 2021: From Smart TV to AC, Get Upto 50% Off On Cool Home Appliances
- 4 hrs ago Chhorii Promotions: Nushrratt Bharuccha Looks Stunning In Her Indigo-Blue And Ivory Outfits
- 5 hrs ago Covishield's Effectiveness In Fully Vaccinated Individuals 63% During 2nd Wave, Study
- Movies Shahid Kapoor Starrer Jersey's New Poster Will Steal Your Hearts And Make You Go Awww
- Sports Angela Lee expects an ‘extremely hard battle’ between Stamp Fairtex and Ritu Phogat
- Education MAT PBT Admit Card 2021 Released By AIMA At mat.aima.in, Here’s How To Download
- Technology Instagram Tips: How To Create Custom Sticker & Upload Multiple Photos On Instagram
- News Parliament roundup: On day 3, From ‘no record of farmers’ death to dip in terror attacks in J&K since 2018
- Finance Vodafone Idea Shares Continue To Gain Post Prepaid Plan Tariff Hike; Spikes 20% Intra-day
- Travel Budget Friendly Winter Places To Visit Around Shillong
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki To Launch 5 New SUVs Within Next 3 Years
No stranger to singing about breakups and regrets, 15-time Grammy Award winner Adele, released "Easy on Me" on all streaming platforms at midnight Friday UK time, with fans worldwide staying up to catch its premiere. Over 299,000 people watched the video debut live on YouTube; that number has now reached 25 million views.
It is the first single of her highly anticipated fourth studio album scheduled to be released on November 19. Adele had already teased fans with a 20-second snippet of "Easy on Me" during a recent Instagram Live session. When asked about the subject matter of her forthcoming album, she had simply responded, "Divorce babe, divorce."
The 'Divorce Album'
Keeping to her tradition of naming her albums after milestone birthdays – her previous record-breaking albums were titled 19, 21, and 25 – Adele told the UK and US editions of Vogue that she had written 30 to explain her divorce from Simon Konecki to her young son, Angelo.
There had always been speculation about when exactly the pair had tied the knot. In her Vogue interview, Adele said, "The timeline the press have of my relationship, my marriage, is actually completely wrong. We got married when I was 30… and then I left." She however declined to elaborate how long the marriage had lasted. "Easy on Me" was apparently the first track written for this album.
On Wednesday, Adele told fans she was "finally" ready to release 30, which she described as her "ride or die throughout the most turbulent period of my life". "I was certainly nowhere near where I'd hoped to be when I first started it nearly 3 years ago," she said in a statement posted on Twitter. "I've learned a lot of blistering home truths about myself along the way. I've shed many layers but also wrapped myself in new ones," she tweeted.
The accompanying music video – which some might find reminiscent of her previous hit ballad "Hello" – is first shot in black-and-white and shows her speaking on the phone while leaving a house with "For Sale" and "Sold" signs on it. She sings while driving off, the scenes interspersed with memories and music sheets blowing in the wind, after which the video changes into colour.
A Numbers Game In November
Known for hits like "Someone Like You" and "Hello," Adele is one of the most successful singer-songwriters of all time, having stormed charts worldwide, amassing on the way a clutch of Grammy Awards and an Oscar Award for the James Bond theme song, "Skyfall".
Adele's last album, 25, went platinum in its first 24 hours, and some music industry watchers are expecting her to take top spot in a November that will see other big names like Ed Sheeran, Taylor Swift, Abba, and Coldplay, all releasing new material.