The Varalakshmi Vratha is soon coming and the celebrations need to be grand and colorful. The ceremony is performed on the Friday (before the full moon) in the month of shravana (according to the hindu calendar). The Vrata (religious observance) is performed in the southern states of India.
Varalakshmi pooja is performed by the hindu women to seek the blessings of the goddess lakshmi who is the abode of wealth and prosperity. As per mythology, a pious woman Charumati dreamt of lord Shiva and Parvati asking her to perform the ritual in order to fulfil her wishes.
On the lakshmi festival, women clean and deck up homes with rangolis and thoranas (festoons). They wear beautiful sarees and jewellery and then perform the poojas as lakshmi is wealth. With a well decorated pooja room, women arrange the mantap, place the kalash with the lakshmi's vigraham or mukavada of the goddess. Today, we will tell on how to decorate varalakshmi idol for the lakshmi festival. Take a look.
Decorating Varalakshmi Idol For The Festival -
1. Lakshmi Mukavada (embossed face of the goddess)
2. Saree/ Blouse Pieces
7. A Big kalash pot
8. 1 Coconut
9. Mango leaves
10. A Twine
1. Place the coconut on the kalash pot with mango leaves.
2. The embossed face of the goddess is carefully wound to the neck of the kalash pot.
3. Make small bits of the newpaper and mix it well with diluted fevicol (fevicol and water).
4. Immediately make the arms, legs and the body of the goddess. Leave it for drying.
5. After the paper pulp is completely dry, stick them together with the help of fevicol, cello tape and adhesive.
6. Paint the body with the color of the face or any skin color. Leave it to dry.
7. Carefully drape a blouse piece and place it like the pleats of the saree.
8. Stick a piece of the contrast velvet cloth as the blouse of the goddess. You can also glue some sequines or lace to the blouse.
9. Decorate varalakshmi idol with jewels and flowers.