To deal with a narcissist is equivalent to dealing with an drug addict. This is because both are lost in their own world and don't have a clue about the reality around them. A narcissist is a person who is too much in love with himself or herself. People confuse vanity with symptoms of narcissism which is why they say that women are more narcissistic than men. If you want know the truth then ask someone who has a narcissist husband and you will know just how narcissistic men can be. If you are one of the victims then you would probably want to know how to deal with a narcissist to preserve your own sanity.
Here are some marriage tips to help you deal with your situation.
Tips To Deal With A Narcissist:
- Do the symptoms of narcissism in your husband drive you up the wall? Then you need to do deep breathing exercises because you can never make him realise that he has a problem until and unless you are calm yourself.
- The best way to deal with a narcissist is to be as indifferent to him as he are to you. He will want your attention all the time because according to him, he in the most important person in anybody's scheme of things. He will expect you to attend to him but never do so himself.
- Give him a taste of his own medicine. Join a club or gym to stay fit. You could also join some hobby classes for a productive pass time. Just become busy enough to be unavailable for him and then see how he reacts.
- If your husband is a narcissist then he will be prone to be pompous too. He would love to boast to anybody and especially you, about his exploits. You have check this habit of his because it will land you into public embarrassment.
- If you don't know anything about his field then read up; surf the net and become knowledgeable. As soon as you notice even a mild exaggeration in his speech correct him. He wouldn't care if people laugh behind his back because he is too absorbed in himself.
- Narcissists simply love mirrors and cannot exist without them. Remove all the mirrors from your house so that he is compelled to look at you instead of himself. If he objects which he will then say its for Vastu or some positive energy. If not anything else his reaction will be worth a good laugh.
- If your husband is a narcissist then he won't be able to digest you looking better than him and stealing all the compliments. Start taking more time than him to get ready for a party. Get into a perfect shape by exercising and pamper yourself with spa treatments. It will drive him up the wall!
Use these tips to deal with a narcissist and see how it works out for your marriage problems.