How often do you talk to your baby in the womb? Experts state that when a mother talks to the foetus on a daily basis, the baby begins to recognise the parent's voice and thereby builds a connection with the mother.
On the other hand, it is advisable for both parents to spend at least 15 minutes in a day talking to the womb. Massaging the womb while you speak will also help build a bond.
Now, you must be wondering how it is possible to talk to a womb.
- When you are alone, place your hand on the stomach and say a few words to the baby. While doing so, massage the belly gently in all corners. This touch or warmth will make the baby feel your presence.
- Fathers who want to talk to the baby in the womb, should follow the same procedure. There is also a myth which says that whispering in the mother's ears is one way to communicate with the foetus. Fathers can try this myth if they believe in old customs.
- It is often believed that what the mother eats, the baby eats too, in the form of extracting nutrients from the food that is consumed. So, while eating, touch the womb and ask the baby if he/she likes it.
- Listening to soothing music is also another way to bond and speak to the foetus. Music helps to calm oneself. It is also healthy for the foetus.
- When you feel the baby moving in the belly, it is the perfect time to bond with the child. So, make use of those delicate movements either with music or your voice.
Talking to the womb is also good for the mother. Studies show that this communication is the basic and most important start to motherhood. It helps the mother get ready for this new chapter in her life, even before the baby is born.
Therefore, follow these simple tips while talking to your pregnant belly.