Food which can lead to miscarriage:
1. If you are a fish lover, it is time to quit having fish. Avoid fish which are affected by pollutants in rivers, lakes or ponds. Fish is a rich source of protein and vitamins but to be on the safer side and prevent the chances of miscarriage, avoid fish completely. Don't go for canned fish as it contains preservatives like saline and chemicals which can increase blood pressure of the pregnant woman and also lead to water retention.
2. Be careful when eating meat or eggs. Avoid having raw or uncooked meat, seafood and poultry. Cook the food to kill the bacteria (Salmonella). Undercooked food especially poultry, chicken, turkey meat and seafood such as oysters can lead to miscarriage.
3. Listeria is a bacteria which can cause miscarriage at any stage of pregnancy. Uncooked meat or chicken, seafood, unpasteurized cheese, milk or dairy products have large amount of listeria.
4. Avoid imported soft cheese such as Brie, feta, Camembert, Roquefort, blue-veined, Gorgonzola, etc as these are mainly made with unpasteurized milk which can be harmful during pregnancy.
5. It is best to avoid meat spreads or pate, deli meat, canned or cold seafood as these foods can cause miscarriage. Fruits such as pineapple and papaya are also dangerous for the foetus.
6. It is very important to maintain food hygiene during pregnancy. Consumption of unclean food such as fruits and vegetables can cause miscarriage. This is because these foods have coli which can lead to food poisoning. Always wash the fruits and vegetables before cooking. Be more careful while washing cabbage, cauliflower and green leafy vegetables as the germs and bacterias stick to the leaves. You can soak these vegetables in warm water to kill the germs and then cook well.
7. Always check the manufactured label of the juices to check if they are pasteurized or not. Coli is found in juice packets so be preventive to prevent miscarriage. It is best to have freshly made fruit juice to have a healthy and safe pregnancy.
Be careful and avoid these foods during pregnancy as it can cause miscarriage or still birth.