Conspiracy theories range from being totally crazy to slightly over the top. But no one can deny that these Top rated conspiracy theories make interesting topics of discussion. The latest obsession of all conspiracy theorists is the impending doomsday or the end of the world. Love them or hate them, but you cannot ignore them.
Here are some of the most interesting conspiracy theories about
the end of the world.
Top 5 Conspiracy Theories About Doomsday:
1. The Mayan Calendar: The much talked about Mayan calendar ends on December 21, 2012. So, it is being believed that the world will come to an end on this day. Now just because ancient Mayan priests did not extend their calendar beyond 2012, we will all die? This conspiracy theory forgets to take into account an important fact; the Mayans became extinct centuries ago, so they are not too good at predicting their own doomsday!
2. Planetary Collision: According to many conspiracy theorists, the planetary alignment of the sun and all the 9 planets is going to change in 2012. This will result in indiscriminate planetary collisions that will destroy life on the Earth an all other planets. Fortunately, the astronomers from NASA see this conspiracy theory as totally baseless. First of all, there is going to be no realignment in planetary orbits for years to come. And even there was a realignment of planetary orbits why would it make the planets collide when they are so far off!
3. Giant Asteroid Theory: The only top conspiracy theory that makes any sense whatsoever is the one about a giant asteroid hitting the Earth. That is a possibility that we cannot deny scientifically but it has nothing to do with 2012. Small asteroids hit the Earth all the time and are closely monitored by astronomers. So the chances of a giant asteroid going unnoticed and killing us in our sleep is about 100 to one outnumbered.
4. Travelling To The Centre Of The Galaxy: There is a bizarre conspiracy theory that says that the Earth will move to the centre of the Milky Way Galaxy which is a melting pot of heat. Now we are just about 30,000 light-year away from the galactic centre. So, can someone please explain how will we get there before this year ends?
5. Anti-Christ & Illuminati: Religious doomsday mongers have coined this top-notch conspiracy theory that the Anti-Christ (a devil who is an anti-thesis of Christ, the saviour) will rise and take over the world. This conspiracy theory is linked to the secret society Illuminati that holds the key to over throwing the Church's power over the world. Now, lets get real; how much power does the Church exercise on the world anyway? Moreover, the possibility of one-world-order itself is impossible. We live in a world were people speaking two dialects of the same language can't stand each other, so lets just forget about unification!
These are some of the craziest conspiracy theories about the end of the world. Do you know any others?