Home Improvement Tips: Cleaning Mosaic Floors
1. Vacuum Cleaning- Standard method of cleaning floors is vacuum. The design of mosaic floors easily traps dirt and grime, using a brush or broom can worsen the state. To clean floors that are made of mosaic tiles, use a vacuum cleaner. You can use a brush or a dusting attachment for efficient cleaning of grime as it dislodges particles from between the tiles. If you do not have any of these attachments then, you can use a broom or brush between the tiles to loosen the dirt and then vacuum it.
2. Soap Water To Clean Floors- Cleaning mosaic floors with some easy home remedies. First prepare the floor and then scrub it with a brush and soap water. You can use soap cleaners or detergents. You can test it by cleaning one tile and see the difference.
- Scrub the entire area for corners, you can use old toothbrushes to clean corners. Mob the entire area to remove soap water. Cleaning floors using this method is very effective. Pouring buckets of water over your mosaic floor will remove the soap water.
- Your job is over but make sure for it to dry, at least for a couple of hours. You have to apply wax polish on the tiles and buff the floor with a clean cloth. Wax is very effective once it is buffed onto the floor. The floor area gets the look you wanted.
3. Baking Soda- You can clean your mosaic tile using baking soda. Mix water and baking soda and apply it on your mosaic tile and let it settle for 15 minutes. Scrub the mixture using a toothbrush on all the corners of your tiles. Rinse the solution out of your tiles with water. Wipe the solution with sponge dipped in soap water. You will notice that your mosaic tiles are spic and span again.
4. Acid Cleaning- Acid can be used to clean mosaic tiles. You have to make sure to use it in diluted form. You have to use one cup of acid with 80 parts of water. If the solution is too strong, then it can damage your tiles. Acid can have harmful effects on your floor. You have to use it in a moderate level.
5. Suitable Brushes For Cleaning- You have to use a suitable brush to clean your tiles. Tiles that are of marbles and stones you need to use a brush which is non abrasive. Brushes that are of synthetic fibres are useful as they do not scratch the surface. While using a brush use it in a gentle manner and rotate in a circular motion. Check as to how much pressure you are applying.
These are some easy home improvement tips for your mosaic tiles.