It has been well said that only the wearer knows about the shoe bite and its pain. In the same way, only the patient can feel the pain of the disease.
Asthma is one such painful problem which leaves a person to struggle for proper breathing and, in some cases, it can have dangerous consequences as well.
Here we shall be discussing more on the Yoga asanas that the sufferers can perform in order to get rid of the pain, continue reading.
Also Read: Yoga Asana To improve body posture
Mostly, asthmatic patients are bound to use inhalers. But, it isn't necessary to use it because Yoga has a cure for this problem as well. YES!! You need to have a spark before it is too late.
Here are a few poses that will help you cure the problem of asthma with the help of these. Take a look.
1. Pranayama: It is the simplest pose. You just need to sit with your legs crossed and your head, neck and spine should be aligned straight. Just close your eyes and focus on your breathing, using your abdomen, take rapid breaths continuously. Repeat for 2-3 minutes and then relax. Repeat the procedure.
2. Shavasana: Lie down straight on your back and your arms by your side, palms touching the ground and feet facing the sky. Just leave your body loose and focus on your breathing pattern. Concentrate on yourself and make sure each body part is relaxed. Stay in the pose for 5-10 minutes.
3. Sukasana: Sit with your legs crossed. If you can't, for some reason, or if you are a beginner, place a rolled towel under your tailbone. Place your right hand on your heart and left hand on your belly and close your eyes. Breathe slowly and close your eyes and concentrate on your breathing. Be in the pose for 5 minutes and then relax.
4. Butterfly Pose: Sit with your soles joined together and your knees facing outwards, just like butterfly wings. Now, holding your ankles, pull your heels towards your hips. Again, concentrate on your breathing and fold your body forward. Count till 10, till you maintain the pose.
5. Bridge Pose: Lie flat on your back, with your arms parallel to your body. Now, bend your knees and bring your feet close to your butt. Like this, your feet are directly under your knees. Gradually, lift your butts up off the floor along with your lower back, and hands should be straight and chest should be expanding. Hold for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Concentrate on your breathing. To get back, get down slowly, taking care of your back and butt region.
6. Straddled Splits: Sit with your legs apart and heels flexed. Be firm in the position with a deep breath and raise your arms up. Now, as you exhale, fold your body forwards and get your hands in front of you. Count till 5 and maintain the pose.
By following these 6 easy poses, you can get away with your problem within no time and can let your lungs breathe freely as well, without using a puff. So, just relax and enjoy your daily YOGA sessions.