It is monsoon and common cold, cough and sore throat are the common associated ailments. Although there aren't proved remedies for common cold and cough, some natural solutions can definitely cure sore throat.
Sore throat may mostly refer to inflammation of the throat (voice box or vocal cords) or tonsils. The inflammation is caused due to virus or bacterium through dust or food stuffs and even due to acid reflux. Gargling is one of the most advised natual remedy for sore throat. Here, we share with you different gargle recipes that may help you in getting rid of the soreness in throat. Take a look.
Gargle Recipes: Best Cure For Sore Throat
1. Pepper - Hot spice varieties like Cayenne pepper, Tabasco sauce, paprika, chili peppers can be mixed with hot water and used for gargling every 15 minutes. The "capsaicin" content in these will help in reducing pain and cure through anti viral properties. Gargling chili water may burn mouth and lips so rinsing mouth with cold milk or buttermilk can stop the burning sensation.
2. Ginger: Gargling a hot cup of ginger dicoction may also be a good option. Fresh grated ginger mixed in hot and lemon can be used for gargling every 30 minutes.
3. Rock Salt: Salts are also the best remedies to cure inflammation. Adding a tsp of rock salt to hot and rinsing the throat will help in reducing the irritation and also kill bacterium.
3. Vinegar: Vinegar does wonders when it comes to mouth problems. It not only cures sore throat but also soothes the infected area. Apple Cider Vinegar mixed with hot water can reasonable give quick results by curing the infection.
4. Lemon (Acid Gargle): The most common old age remedy. Lemon juice mixed with equal amount of warm water and honey is found as a very effective treatment.
5. Soda (Alkaline Gargle): Baking soda is also a good natural solution for throat irritation. Even Potassium Carbonate water can give quick relief from the irritation.
6. Garlic: Garlic pods are added to the boiling hot water. The strained water is a good gargle recipe. Garlic also prevents phlegm and bad breath.