Hibiscus tea is one of the best herbal teas to have if you are looking at a holistic well being for your body and mind. The health benefits of hibiscus tea are many and most important of them is that it is totally natural with no harmful chemicals. In a time when your body accumulates artificial junk everyday that is a big plus point.
If you are looking for a healthy beverage with your evening time snacks that will be replacement caffeinated drinks like coffee and tea, then hibiscus tea is a good choice for you. Here are some good health tips for those who wish to avail the health benefits of this herbal tea.
Health Benefits Of Hibiscus Tea:
- The best known results of hibiscus tea is seen on the blood pressure levels. It can help reduce systolic pressure substantially and therefore very useful for people with high blood pressure. This tea is in fact a part of the herbal therapy given for hypertension.
- Apart from blood pressure it is believed to have a lowering effect even on blood cholesterol.
- Weight loss is a pressing issue for most of us these days. This natural beverage can help you lose weight naturally without any dieting or strenuous work outs. It ordains the body to absorb less of carbohydrates so it naturally reduces fats. You have to take tea without sugar for weight loss of course.
- The health benefits of hibiscus tea include anti aging. As this tea is rich in anti-oxidants it will give you youthful looking skin well beyond your prime years. As we know anti oxidants are like scavengers, they keep the body clean by removing toxins. So, drinking this non caffeinated beverage will keep your skin and system clear.
- Another huge added advantage of anti oxidants is that it is a formidable protection against cancer. Its also a natural cure. So, cancer patients can safely be put on a diet that includes hibiscus tea once or twice a day.
- Being a natural tea it is rich in vitamins C which makes it very effective against common cold and cough related problems. To enhance its effects you can have it with a piece of lemon.
- Ancient oriental medicine has used this tea to cure liver malfunctioning for a long time. Be it our Indian Ayurveda or ancient Chinese medicine, references to the use of Hibiscus in the form of a medicated drink can be found everywhere. So, if you have a fatty liver syndrome or have just recovered from jaundice then this is a healthy option for you.
- The most novel effect of this tea is on mood swings! It has been observed that drinking this tea has a positive harmonising effect on the central nervous system. This means that it keeps you in good spirits. A good remedy for irritable spouses!
Hibiscus tea is good for your general health so make it a part of your routine.