Figs or anjeer is a fruit that everyone must eat. They are seasonal fruits that are found in Western parts of Asia. However, dried figs are always available in the market near you. Figs belongs to the mulberry family. Figs have smooth skin, crunchy seeds and chewy pulp that tastes very good and they are very healthy also. The anjeer(fig) fruit is very rich in minerals, vitamins and fibres that can give you many health benefits. The little fruit has a good content of vitamin A, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, calcium, iron, phosphate, sodium, potassium and chlorine that can do wonders to cure your health related problems.
Here are a few health benefits of figs (anjeer).
- Lowers blood pressure: Figs are perfect fruit for those suffering from high blood pressure. It is generally advised for people suffering from high blood pressure to increase intake of potassium in their diet. Figs are rich in potassium and minerals that helps to control hypertension. It has been found in researches that people who consume good amounts of potassium have lower blood pressure than those who consume less potassium.
- Helps in weight management: Figs are very rich in dietary fibres. Therefore, they are a perfect option for those who want to loss weight. A high fibre diet helps to slow down the digestion and cuts your hunger.
- Guards against post-menopausal breast cancer: Studies have shown that regular intake of figs helps in reducing the risk of post-menopausal breast cancer by approximately 34 percent. Therefore, many doctors back the idea to increase intake of figs in menopausal women.
- Treats sexual weakness: The use of figs in treating sexual weakness is acknowledged since ages. Figs are known for their aphrodisiac properties. They stimulate proper secretion of sex hormones therefore cures sexual weakness.
- Strengthen sbone: Figs are rich in calcium and minerals which helps to promote bone density. Potassium content is very high in figs therefore regular intake of figs can also help to prevent loss of urinary calcium which is caused by high-salt diet. Hence, one must ensure to eat figs for stronger bones.
- Treats heart disease: Studies have shown that daily consumption of figs can lower triglyceride levels in the blood. Triglycerides are the main form of fats (they are also known as ugly fat cells) that circulate in the blood. Higher triglyceride levels in the blood can give rise to obesity and many heart problems.
- Anti-diabetic effects: What can be better news for diabetics that they can now eat something sweet without worrying about their sugar levels? Figs have anti-diabetic properties that can help you to lower your blood sugar level. Researches have found that if a person takes fig leaves extract on empty stomach every morning, then it can lower the blood sugar level significantly.
So, have you started eating figs regularly?