Fenugreek, popularly called Greek Hay is a wonder medicine curing numerous health problems in no time. The culinary spice is widely used in Asia and some parts of Europe. The seeds contain many nutrients like protein, vitamin C, niacin, potassium, diosgenin, lysine, tryptophan and saponins. Fenugreek contain estrogen properties that help in treating problems related to menopause and male potency. For Asian climatic conditions, Fenugreek can successfully cure arthritis, respiratory problems like asthma and bronchitis, digestive problems like constipation and diarrhea, reproductive disorders, hormonal disorders. In short, a common medicine for all the body ailments. Take a look at some more health benefits of fenugreek.
Health Benefits Of Fenugreek In Detail -
1. Balances Blood Sugar Levels: According to a research conducted over the health benefits of fenugreek, it has been derived that the culinary spice can be advised to diabetic patients (type 2) as its consumption lowers the blood sugar levels in the body. It is healthy for diabetic patients to consume at least 6-7 fenugreek seeds or fenugreek water (fenugreek added to boiled water) daily.
2. Balances Cholesterol: The recent studies state that a few grams of fenugreek in a meal can actually lower cholesterol levels and also lower the risk of heart attacks. If the seeds are too bitter to have then it is even available as capsules.
3. Cures Skin Problems: Eating a few grams of fenugreek can cure skin ailments and hair problems. The research says that the seeds can cure skin problems such as eczema, burns, abscesses, boils and gout. Not just for eating but the fenugreek paste can be soaked and ground into paste, applied on the affected area. The paste can be mixed with curds and applied on hair and scalp, this cures dandruff and acts like a natural hair conditioner.
4. Digestive Remedies: The mucilage in fenugreek seeds is the best medicine for digestive problems. It is said to sooth the internal lining (gastrointestinal inflammation) of the stomach and intestine. It is even said cure diarrhea, heartburn etc. A few seeds consumed with buttermilk can sooth ulcers and acidity. Few seeds had early in the morning (in empty stomach) can even kill disease causing germs in the stomach.
5. Cures Seasonal Ailments: The Fenugreek dicoction is even said to be a good home remedy for fever and other illness. Fenugreek leaves can even be used to make herb tea which can efficiently refresh and rejuvenate mind. Although green tea is ranked 1 among healthy beverages, fenugreek tea can replace, such are the natural benefits of fenugreek.