What are the symptoms of urinary tract infection?
- Frequent urination
- feeling of passing urine
- burn after urinating
- burn in the meatus (opening) or urethra
- abdomen pain
- pus in the urine
- cloudy urine
- blood traces in urine
Even after taking precautions and effective measures, a woman suffers at least once from this UTI. So, take a look at ways to prevent suffering from urinary tract infections.
How to prevent urinary tract infections?
1. Never control the urgency to pass urine. If you feel like urinating, go immediately. Controlling urine can cause urinary tract infections.
2. One of the most effective ways to prevent urinary tract infection is to have ample of water. Drink 8-10 glasses of water to increase the urine formation passage. You must pass urine after 1 hour in a day.
3. Always clean before and after an intercourse. You should wash the vagina and urinate after the intercourse. It is best to urinate after an intercourse. This clears out the tract which might have got some bacteria during the intercourse.
4. Avoid sitting on public toilet commode. Proper genital hygiene can prevent suffering from urinary tract infections.
5. Flush before sitting in the commode and urinate after 1-2 minutes. Flushing flees the bacteria from the commode which can enter the urinary tract. So, flush before sitting.
6. Wash the genital areas after urinating twice or thrice. This maintains genital hygiene and also prevent urinary tract infections.
7. Wear cotton undergarment as it keeps the skin dry and free from bacteria formation. The passage of air is more easy in cotton undergarments. Also wear lose fitting pants to avoid being uncomfortable and sticky.
8. Clean properly after passing stool as bacterias are formed in the intestines which can cause urinary tract infections.
9. Women should clean in the upside-down direction after passing stool. This prevents the bacteria to pass from the anus to vagina.
10. Change sanitary napkins after 2-3 hours during menstruation. Avoid wearing tampons if you are prone to urinary tract infections.
Follow these tips to prevent suffering from urinary tract infections and consult a doctor if the symptoms of urinary tract infections are observed.