We Indians love poha as a recipe. We love the recipe because it is easy and quick to make. Poha is a favourite Indian breakfast dish because it has all our favourite spices. So how about adding our favourite vegetable, potatoes to the poha recipe? Aloo poha is a very delicious and filling breakfast idea.
Just like another Indian breakfast, aloo poha is laden with zesty spices. You can add many more vegetables of your choice to make aloo poha more nutritious. Beaten rice or poha remains the most important ingredient of this Indian breakfast recipe.
All the ingredients you need to make aloo poha can be easily found in any Indian kitchen. So what are you waiting for, get started!
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Poha or beaten rice- 2 cups
- Mustard seeds- 1/2tsp
- Curry leaves- 5
- Green chillies- 2 (chopped)
- Onion- 1 (chopped)
- Potato- 1 (cut into small pieces)
- Peanuts- 10
- Gram or channa dal- 1tsp
- Lemon juice- 1tbsp
- Turmeric powder- 1 pinch
- Coriander leaves- 1 sprig (chopped)
- Sev- 1tbsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Oil- 1tbsp
1. Heat oil in a deep-bottomed pan and season it with mustard seeds, green chillies and curry leaves.
2. After a minute, add chopped onions to the pan. You can also add the peanuts at this time.
3. Now add the potatoes and gram dal. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add poha to the pan and stir the contents to mix well. Keep stirring and cook for at least 4-5 minutes.
5. Add turmeric powder and lemon juice. Sprinkle salt, cover and cook for another 5 minutes on low flame.
6. Garnish your poha with chopped coriander leaves and sev.
Eat your aloo poha while it is steaming out or else the poha gets soggy.