October 22nd is marked as the National Nut Day in many countries. Launched in UK, this day is also traditionally celebrated in USA.
We all know that nuts are nutritious and healthy for our diet. Be it almonds, walnut, raisins, cashew nuts, peanuts, they are healthy, filling and filled with nutrients. According to many researchers, nuts like almonds, peanuts, walnuts and Brazilian nuts are healthy substitutes of meat.
You can add nuts in many dishes. Be it a dessert, sabji or a salad, you can use your creative cooking skills to add nuts and bring a different flavours to your dish.
Nut cookies are an all time favourite snack for kids. Even adults love to munch nut cookies with a cup of brewing hot tea or coffee. Why buy nut cookies from the bakery when you can bake them at home? On the occasion of National Nut Day, prepare this nut cookie recipe and serve it with a cup of hot tea or coffee.
Nut cookie recipe:
Serves: 15-20 cookies
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
- Whole wheat flour- 2 cups
- Sugar- 1 ½ cups
- Eggs- 3
- Raisins- 2tsp
- Cashew nuts- ½ cup (crushed)
- Cinnamon powder- 1tsp
- Baking powder- ½ tsp
- Vanilla essence- ½ tsp
- Vegetable oil/butter- 1 cup
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a bowl, mix flour with sugar, baking powder, nuts, raisins, cinnamon. Use a spoon to mix all the ingredients well.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs. Now add oil/butter, sugar and vanilla essence. Mix till the sugar melts and looks like syrup.
- Now combine all the ingredients together in one bowl and mix well.
- Cover the baking dish with a cookie sheet. Grease with oil or butter.
- With the help of a spoon or ice creams coop, place the cookie dough; each cookie at an inch distance away.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until brown and crisp.
- Once done, take cookies out from the cookie sheet. Use a knife to take out the cookies from the sheet.
Let it cool. Nut cookies are ready to eat. Garnish this snack with crushed nuts. Enjoy the snack and celebrate National Nut Day.