Soup is one of the healthy appetizers that you would always love to include in your meal. If you are eating at a restaurant, you would always start with a bowl of hot and tasty soup. Why not? Soups are healthy and also aids weight loss. There is a diet named after knowing the weight loss benefits of soup. As the seasonal changes are affecting our health, you can have some healthy and delicious soups at home as a filling evening snack or as a starter.
There are many soup recipes that you can try. Here we are giving you an easy to prepare paneer and onion soup recipe. Paneer is a substitute of chicken for vegetarians. Lest check out this vegetarian paneer and onion soup recipe.
Paneer and onion soup recipe:
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25-30 minutes
- Paneer- 250 gms (cut into small cubes)
- Onions- 2 (grated)
- Tomato- 1 small sized (mashed)
- Fried noodles- 1 cup
- Cabbage- ½ cup (chopped)
- Garlic- 3 pods (mashed)
- Bread slices- 3 (cut into small cubes)
- Manchurian sauce- 1tsp
- Black pepper- 1tsp (grounded)
- Salt- as per taste
- Oil- 1tbsp
- Water- ½ cup
- Parsley- 1tbsp
- Onion- ½ (sliced)
- Coriander leaves- 1tbsp (chopped)
- Butter- 1tsp
- Pressure cook the cabbage for a duration of 2 whistles. Strain the water and mash the cabbage.
- Heat a pan and add oil. Fry the paneer cubes and onions for 2 minutes on medium flame. When the paneer cubes become golden, add tomatoes, garlic, boiled cabbage and cook for 2 minutes on low flame.
- Sprinkle salt, black pepper and then pour manchurian sauce. Add water and bring it to boil. When the soup thickens, take it off flame.
- Pour the paneer and onion soup in a soup bowl.
Paneer and onion soup is ready to eat. Add fried noodles while serving. Garnish with parsley, coriander leaves, onion and butter. You can have this hot and relaxing soup with bread sticks or as a plain starter.