Popcorn shrimps is a delicious snack. The small morsels of shrimps are crisp and can be the best appetizer. No one knows where the recipe originated. However, shrimps are one seafood that has many health benefits. So, you can try this seafood ingredient to prepare some small and crisp snacks. Use small nugget sized shrimps. You can sue it as a snack or as an appetizer. The popcorn shrimps are best served with cocktail sauce or tartar sauce.
Check out the recipe to make popcorn shrimps, the yummy and crisp appetizer.
Popcorn shrimps recipe:
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10-15 minutes
- Shrimps- 10-20 (peeled and deveined)
- Milk- ½ cup
- All purpose flour- 1 cup
- Eggs- 2-3
- Parsley (dried)- 1tsp
- Basil (dried)- ½ tsp
- Garlic paste/powder- 1tsp
- Onion powder- 2tsp
- Black pepper powder- 1tsp
- Bread crumbs- 1 cup
- Salt- as per taste
- Oil- for frying
- Season the shrimps with salt and black pepper.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs. Now pour the milk and beat it well.
- In another bowl, add all purpose flour. Take a third bowl and add basil, parsley, bread crumbs, garlic powder and onion powder. Mix with a dry spoon.
- When the oil starts steaming, lower the flame. Now, take the shrimps and coat with flour first. Then dip in the egg and milk mixture. Finally cover with bread crumbs mix and then gently dip into the frying pan.
- Fry the shrimps till they become golden brown and look crisp. Shrimps cook very fast so always fry on a low flame. Ideally, it should take 5-6 minutes for shrimps to fry.
- Strain and place the fried shrimps on a paper towel.
Popcorn shrimps are ready to eat. Serve it hot.