The yummy onion samosa is everyone's favourite when it comes to the festival of Ramzan. This evening get your folks together and prepare one of the most tasty street food savory in your own home. Onion samosa is considered a must have when it comes to this festival of lavish food and dining. Onion samosa is made out of the juicy vegetable onions which add to the flavour and spice.
Samosas with any filling is the most popular snack in India. There are a number of fillings which one can use to make this crispy snack. But the onion samosa stands out to be the best, out of the lot. Here is a simple recipe on how to make onion samosas during this holy month of Ramzan.
Preparation time : 90 minutes
Cooking time : 30 minutes
Serves : 12 samosas
- Flour - 3 cups
- Ghee - 2 tbsp
- Salt - as per taste
- Water - 1 cup
Ingredients for filling
- Onion - 2 cups (chopped)
- Green Chilli - 1 (chopped)
- Chilli Powder - ¼ tbsp
- Coriander powder - ¼ tbsp
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tbsp
- Garam masala powder - ¼ tbsp
- Cumin Seeds - 1tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying - half cup
Method for the filling
- In a bowl add flour, salt, ghee and water. Knead the flour well till it turns soft.
- After the flour is kneaded well, cover it with a cloth and keep aside for 30 minutes.
Method to make the filling
- Heat oil in a pan, add the cumin seeds, chopped onions and chopped green chilli.
When the onions turn brown in colour, add the chilli powder, salt, garam masala powder, turmeric and coriander powder.
- Saute all the ingredients together on a medium flame till it is cooked well.
Method to make the samosa
- Make small balls of the dough and roll it into oval shaped puri. Then cut it exactly into half.
- Pick one of the halves and stuff the filling. Now shape the stuffed roll into a triangle and fry them until golden brown.
Your ramzaan onion samosa is now ready to eat. You can eat this yummy onion samosa with tomato sauce or with green chutney.