Corn is a tasty and healthy ingredient that can be added to several dishes. The sweet and soft taste of corn makes it a delicious item that adds a different flavour to the dish. If you think that these small kernels are just an item to add flavour and taste to the dish, then you have to know that maize or corn has many health benefits. It is good for dieters as corn kernels lower bad cholesterol, is low in calories and moreover, it is a rich source of Linoleic acid; an acid that soothes the skin and prevents aging. That is why, you must have seen small stalls selling boiled corn masala on the footpath of markets. If you love to eat corn masala, you would be tempted to try similar recipes. Chaat lovers have an option to make corn bhel at home! Check out the recipe to make corn bhel.
Corn bhel recipe:
- Corn, boiled- 2 cups
- Onion, finely chopped- 1
- Capsicum, chopped- ½
- Tomato, chopped- 1
- Green chillies- 4
- Muri (puffed rice)- 2 cups
- Lemon juice- 3 tsp
- Red chilli powder- ½ tsp
- Chaat masala- 1 pinch
- Cumin seeds powder- 1 pinch
Directions to make corn bhel snack:
- In a bowl, mix onion, capsicum, tomato, green chillies and corn. Use a spoon to mix the ingredients properly.
- Add salt, red chilli powder, cumin seeds powder and chaat masala in the bowl.
- Sprinkle lemon juice and mix well. When all the masala is mixed, add muri. Use a spoon to mix the masala with muri. Make sure the colour doesn't look white. The more red coloured masala, the spicier your bhel would be.
Corn bhel is ready to eat. Serve it immediately so that the muri does not become soggy. Always add muri after the whole masala is ready. Corn is wet and when mixed with lemon, corn leaves out water. This water can easily make the muri soggy. So, add muri in the end and serve immediately. Chaat lovers can have this snack in the evening.