To try this eggnog recipe for a party, begin at least a good 6 hours before your guests arrive because the recipe is completed in 2 steps; one before and one after refrigeration.
Ingredients For Eggnog Recipe:
1. Eggs 12 (yolks separated from whites)
2. Milk 6 cups (milk is always half the number of eggs)
3. Fresh thick cream 2 cups
4. Sugar 2 cups
5. Bourbon whiskey 2 cups
6. Brandy ' cup
7. Nutmeg powder 2 tablespoons
Procedure For Eggnog Recipe:
- Beat the egg yolks with sugar until it becomes a smooth mixture of yellow brown colour. You need an electronic blender for this preferably.
- Gradually stir in the bourbon and brandy into it. Pour just a tablespoon full at a time so that it doesn't make the mixture sour.
- Refrigerate the alcohol laced yolk mixture for 4-5 hours.
- Remove it just half hour before serving and gradually stir in the milk into it. Season it with ¾ of the nutmeg powder mentioned here.
- Beat the egg whites and cream in separate bowls at high speed to make them both frothy.
- First pour the egg whites mixture into the yolk mixture you prepared before and whisk for 2 minutes. Add the frothed cream to this as a topping. Garnish the drink with the left over nutmeg powder and crusted sugar.
Serve homemade eggnog as a welcome drink or a dessert drink.