Shrimp with tomato sauce and garlic is a classic seafood recipe. It is easy to make and delicious too. The tangy and sweet taste of this seafood recipe can tempt any non-vegetarian. Shrimp has many health benefits and the seafood is low in calories too. So, you can have shrimp dishes without worrying about weight gain.
Shrimp with tomato sauce and garlic can be made dry or gravy like (depending on your preference). The aroma of garlic and the tangy flavour of tomato sauce makes it a must have seafood side dish. Check out the recipe.
Shrimp with tomato sauce and garlic recipe:
Preparation time: 5-10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Colossal shrimps- 15-16 (peeled and de-veined)
- Onions- 2 (finely chopped)
- Spring onions- 2 (finely chopped)
- Garlic- 3-4 cloves (mashed)
- Tomatoes- 2 (medium sized)
- Black pepper- 1tbsp (grounded)
- Lemon juice- 1tsp
- Olive oil- 2tbsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Butter- 1tbsp
- Sprinkle the shrimps with salt and pepper. Keep it aside and let it marinate for 10 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan and saute the onions and spring onions for 2 minutes on a medium flame. Now add the garlic, salt and black pepper. Cook for another 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blend the tomatoes to form a puree. Pour in the pan once the onions turn brown. Cook on a high flame for 2 minutes.
- Now add the shrimps and cook on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes (till the shrimps curl a little and look light pink). Shrimps cook very fast and you will not realise when the shrimps get cooked or over-cooked. So, be careful while cooking shrimps.
- Put the pan off flame once the shrimps get cooked and the tomato sauce is thickened.
Serve the shrimp with tomato sauce and garlic hot. This main course side dish can be served with fried rice, pasta, noodles or with rotis.