Prawn green curry is one of the most yummy prawn recipes. This seafood is not only very popular but also extremely delightful in taste. Prawn green curry happens to be one of the prawn recipes that you can use to give your kids the goodness of green leaves, if they happen to hate it otherwise.
It is a very easy to make prawn recipe. In fact this seafood needs very little time. The main ingredients that you need to accomplish this prawn recipe is prawns, spinach, coriander leaves, onion, garlic etc. And trust me people would simply love to have this seafood curry. Here is a simple recipe for making prawn curry.
Preparation Time: 5-10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes
- Prawns- 3 cups (de-veined)
- Coconut Milk- 1cup
- Spinach- 24-5 cups (chopped)
- Cumin Seeds- 1tsp
- Bay Leaves-1
- Cardamom- 2
- Garlic- 1tbsp (finely chopped)
- Onions- 2-3 (finely chopped)
- Ginger- 1 inch (finely chopped)
- Pudina (mint)- 1tbsp (paste)
- Garam Masala- 1tsp
- Vegetable Oil- 1cup
- Fish Oil- 2tbsp
- Salt- To taste
- Take a frying pan over the gas oven and add the vegetable oil to it. Keep on a medium flame and deep fry all the prawns until they turn golden in colour. Turn off the gas oven and keep the prawns aside.
- Now keep the coconut milk in a pan on simmer over a gas oven . Let it reduce to half and then keep aside for cooling.
- Put the spinach in a mixer and make a fine paste.
- Heat a frying pan and add the fish oil to it. Keep on a low flame and add the bay leaves, cloves and cardamom to it. Saute them and after a fine aroma of the spices come out add garlic, onion and ginger.
- Stir it for 1-2 minutes and then add the spinach and coconut milk. Keep on stirring the whole mixture for 3-4 minutes on a low flame and then add the prawns. Stir for a minute and then add the pudina (mint) paste, salt and garam masala. Keep stirring for 2-3 minutes and then turn off the gas oven.
- Your prawn green curry is now ready to be served.
Serve the prawn green curry hot. You can garnish it with a few chopped tomatoes and then serve.