You might have ordered Achari fish tikka many a times at a restaurant. But, the charm of preparing this Tandoori recipe at home is quite different. Achari fish tikka is basically a tandoori recipe. You can also prepare it as a grilled fish recipe in your microwave instead of the tandoor. To add the taste of tandoori to the recipe, use a little tandoori masala.
Achari fish tikka is a very popular Indian snacks. So if you actually take the efforts to make this grilled fish recipe, your guests will never be disappointed.
Preparation Time: 1 hour
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Surmai fish fillet- 4 (cut into halves)
- Lemon juice- 2tbsp
- Ginger-garlic paste- 1tbsp
- Mustard seeds- 1tsp
- Fennel (saunf) seeds- 1/2tsp
- Onion (kalonji) seeds- 1/2tsp
- Fenugreek (methi) seeds- 1tsp
- Black salt- 1/2tsp
- Red chilli powder- 1tbsp
- Garam masala powder- 1tsp
- Tandoori masala powder- 1tsp
- Curd- 1 cup
- Mustard oil- 1tbsp
- Butter- 1tsp
- Salt- as per taste
1. Marinate the fish fillets with lemon juice, ginger garlic paste and salt.
2. Heat a pan and roast mustard seeds, onion seeds, fenugreek seeds and fennel seed. Let it cool and then crush it into powder in a blender.
3. Add this powder along with black salt and beaten curd to the fish fillets.
4. Sprinkle red chilli, garam masala and tandoori masala powder on it. Mix well and leave it for 40 minutes.
5. Meanwhile heat mustard oil to the point of smoking in pan. Take it off the pan and allow it to cool a little.
6. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees. Grease a baking dish with butter and place the fish and the marinade in it.
7. Pour the heated mustard oil on top of this and grill for 10 to 15 minutes.
8. Keep turning the Achari fish tikka pieces to make sure all sides are equally cooked.
9. Give it sitting time of about 5 minutes.
Serve Achari fish tikka with chopped onion and tomatoes. You can add a couple of slit green chillies to make it spicy.