Korean fried rice is a healthy rice recipe that is low in fat and calorie content. It is a healthy alternative to Chinese fried rice and can be made quickly to serve a fast lunch or dinner. This Korean rice is considered as one of the best rice diets for dieters. Though Korean rice is low in calorie content, it is rich in nutrients. Korean fried rice served can be with some eggs or some other variations as a side dish. Prepare this on your weekend and share it with your friends and family. The real delight of making a dish comes only when you gain appreciations for it.
The best part of this Korean recipe is that it can easily be prepared from the left overs of a day. The main ingredients of this Korean rice are rice, vegetables, chicken and eggs. In fact you can also go for variations in a Korean fried rice by picking up whatever you have in your refrigerator like mushrooms, corn etc.
Try making this Korean rice at home using this one of the very popular fried rice recipes.
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- Rice- 500gms
- Vegetable Oil- 4-5tbsp
- Ginger- 1tbsp (finely chopped)
- Garlic-1tbsp (finely chopped)
- Eggs- 3
- Boneless Chicken- 250-300gms
- Spring Onions- 200gms (finely chopped)
- Carrots- 2-3 (finely grated)
- Capsicum- 29 finely chopped)
- Ajinomoto- 1tsp
- Salt to taste
- Take some rice in a pan filled with water and boil on a gas oven over a high flame.
- Take down the pan from the oven after it gets boiled.
- Drain all water from the rice and keep it apart.
- Now take 2-3 tbsp of vegetable oil in a frying pan and add some salt, ginger and garlic into it. Fry them lightly over a medium flame.
- Now add eggs into it and scramble them.
- Strain the oil off the eggs in the pan.
- Keep the scrambled eggs aside in a small bowl.
- Now add the boneless chicken pieces into the same pan and cook well.
- After the chicken pieces gets fried, keep them in a separate bowl.
- Take another deep frying pan over a gas oven and add 1-2 tbsp of vegetable oil into it.
- Add the spring onions, carrots, capsicum and some salt into the pan. Saute them for 3-4 minutes over a low flame.
- Add the eggs, chicken, rice and some salt into the same pan and stir it well for 4-5 minutes over a low flame.
- Take the Korean rice off the frying pan and serve it.
This Korean recipe for a simple fried rice menu is sure to earn appreciations for you.