For fever, common cold, the Chinese soups work wonderful. A hot cup of the herb soup and some care will relieve any seasonal ailment without side effects. Today, we thought of sharing a simple Chinese medicinal soup that will help our viewers to get natural with cure. Have a look at the recipe.
The Chinese medicines are based on the yin and yang concept. One being the masculine, hotter force and the other being feminine, cooler force. Both in opposition are also said to compliment one another. It is believed that the illness is a sign of imbalance of the two forces in body.
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- ' cup chicken (pieced, skin removed)
- 40g ginseng
- 10 red dates (jujubes)
- 25g wild yam (Huai Shan)
- 1/2 tbsp wolfberries (goji berries)
- Salt to taste
Preparing Ginseng Chicken Soup:
1. Blanch the chicken pieces for a few minutes, drain and set aside.
2. In a pot, bring chicken stock to boil, add chicken and rest of the ingredients (except wolfberries).
3. Add the wolfberries, salt and cook the Chinese medicinal soup on simmer (to bring out the juice of the ingredients).
Turn off the stove and serve the healthy soup immediately.
Ginseng warms body and improves blood circulation. Its antibacterial properties work like a defence and cure seasonal ailments.