Indian chicken recipe is thus perfect to surprise your guests. Bhatti masala is of course the prime ingredient of this chaat recipe. It can either be bought readymade from the spice stores or you can learn to make it at home. A detailed preparing procedure for Bhatti masala is given here.
Chicken chaat is very popular among non vegetarians who would like to enjoy some juicy meat with the flavour of the chaats. It is a quick recipe though it takes a bit of preparation time. If you have everything ready, you can serve it in minutes. Here is how you go about it.
Ingredients For Bhatti Masala:
- Coriander seeds- ½tsp
- Fenugreek (methi) dried- ½tsp
- Peppercorns- ½tsp
- Garam masala- ½tsp
- Cumin seeds- ½tsp
- Red chilli powder- 1 pinch
Ingredients For Chicken Chaat:
- Chicken (boneless) small sized pieces- 10
- Lemons- 2 (juiced)
- Ginger garlic paste- 1tbsp
- Onion- 1 (chopped)
- Tomato- 1 (diced and chopped)
- Sprouts- 1 cup
- Pineapple- 4 slices
- Grapes (black)- 1 cup
- Cucumber- ½ (sliced)
- Lettuce- 4 leaves
- Chaat masala- 1tsp
- Red chilli powder- ½tsp
- Black salt- 1tsp
- Oil- 1tbsp
Procedure For Chicken Bhatti Chaat:
1. First of all, grind all the ingredients of the Bhatti masala in a blender.
2. Marinate the chicken pieces with this masala, salt and squeeze a lemon into it. Leave it for half an hour while you chop the rest of the fruits and vegetables.
3. Heat oil in a shallow pan and saute the chicken pieces in it. Cover and cook the chicken for 10 minutes on low flame.
4. Assemble all the chopped vegetables and fruits with the sprouts in a bowl. Toss the fried chicken pieces into it.
5. Season it with chaat masala and red chilli powder. Squeeze the other lemon into it. Sprinkle black salt.
6. Toss it up nicely and then refrigerate the chaat.
Serve Chicken bhatti chaat chilled to your guests.