Many people have to give on omelettes in their 40s because they have high cholesterol. But then omelette recipes are a favourite with everyone. So, how do we make omelette recipes healthy? There is a very simple way; you can make white omelettes instead of the normal ones. We all know that the egg yolk is the fatty and cholesterol rich part of the egg. It is also the tastiest part of the egg.
When use only the white portion of egg in an omelette recipe, you get white omelette. It is one of the healthiest and easiet breakfast recipes. Most people find white omelettes very drab but you make it taste delicious by adding a variety of herbs. You need to add the best of your herb collection to this omelette recipe to make up for the absence of the yolk in it.
White omelettes are rich in proteins because they are made with pure albumin of the egg whites. They are also fluffy and spongy. You can try this breakfast recipe in just about 5 minutes.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- Eggs- 4 (whites only)
- Milk- 1tbsp
- Pepper- 1tsp
- Thyme- 1 sprig (chopped)
- Oregano- 1/2tsp
- Rosemary oil- few drops
- Parsley or coriander leaves- 1 sprig (chopped)
- Mint leaves- 5 (chopped)
- Salt- as per taste
- Olive oil- 1tsp
1. Break the eggs and carefully drain out the white part of the eggs.
2. You can either throw away the yolk or use it for other recipes.
3. Add milk to the egg whites. Then add salt and sprinkle all the spices mentioned here (namely; mint, parsley, rosemary, oregano, pepper and thyme).
4. Beat the eggs vigorously.
5. Warn the olive oil on a flat pan and pour the beaten eggs mixture on it. Cook for 2 minutes on low flame.
6. Then fold the omelette and cook for a minute. Fold it again and cook for another 2 minutes.
Your herbed white omelette is prepared. You can have it with fresh vegetables like tomatoes and cucumber.