We cannot think of going to a party without a few thick coats of a good mascara, and fake eye lashes are a must have in our beauty arsenal. However, the things we so easily opt for to achieve those lush long lashes, without another thought, are not without their fair share of side effects.
Excess traction on the lashes from eyelash extensions can permanently damage the hair follicles, preventing hair growth. Mascara on the other hand can make your hair brittle and dry overtime, causing breakage. Also, the hair growth serums that we so blindly trust are infused with strong chemicals that can cause irritation or worse, red eyes.
The length we go to achieve those sultry long lashes is remarkable. If only there was a way to achieve the look naturally, without having to resort to chemical-infused products. The good news is there is a way.
Here is a DIY serum made of castor oil, vitamin E oil, coconut oil and emu oil that will make your lashes grow longer and thicker without any toxins.
So why castor oil? Packed with omega-6 fats, proteins and vitamins, it stimulates hair follicles, boosting growth.
Emu oil on the other hand is celebrated for its anti-inflammatory, moisturizing and non-comedogenic properties that nourishes lashes, making it stronger and longer, without clogging pores. Coconut oil and vitamin E oil prevent lashes from getting dry and form a protective barrier against outside elements.
- 1 Teaspoon castor oil
- 1 Teaspoon emu oil
- ½ Teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 Capsules of vitamin E oil
Also Read: Beat All Hair Problems With Castor Oil!
Direction To Follow
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and store it in a small dropper bottle.
- To use, apply a few drops on a cotton swab and gently massage it on your lashes. Leave it on overnight and wash your eyes in the morning with cold water.
- Made predominantly of organic oils, one batch can easily last for a year. Store it in an air tight bottle and place it in a dry place.
- The solution can also be massaged onto the eyebrows, if you have scanty or thin eyebrows.
- For best results, apply the serum everyday.
Take a break from eyelash extensions and mascara for a while and give your lashes the time to absorb the nutrients from the serum fully for best results.