Ever wondered how Korean women are blessed with spot-free skin that just doesn't seem to age? Well, we have and that's why decided to do a little research into the beauty secrets of Korean women.
Before the age of the internet, it was not possible to know of all these beauty secrets. Earlier, we used to believe that it is only Genetics which can make their skin seem so flawless. Well, we won't lie, but Genetics does have a lot to do with it.
Along with being blessed with impeccably flawless skin naturally, Korean women follow a very strict skin care regime. And we mean STRICT. Skin care is something that they absolutely do not mess with.
Korean skin care rules bust a lot of common myths related to skin care and even add a few weird ingredients like snail essence to their routines (yuck!).
But honestly, snail essence is supposed to have a host of skin care benefits. It's interesting to wonder who comes up with these things.
There must have been one person who tried using snail slime on their faces and came up with the conclusion that it's heaven on the skin.
Anyway, without further ado, here are the beauty secrets of Korean women.
1. Brush Your Skin: You all know how important exfoliation is. But exfoliation with a soft bristled brush can be even more effective in giving you clear skin free of dead cells! Use a face brush 2-3 times in a week.
2. Sheet Masks: If you look into any Korean or in fact even into an Asian website, you'd definitely find sheet masks. Sheet masks are a huge rage there. They come in different variations, including the ones that actually boost collagen.
3. Moisture: Matte skin is the IN thing pretty much all over the world. But, Korean women like to go for a dewy look. And for that, moisturisation is key. And they believe in moisturising their skin all around the clock. Moisture is one of the best ways to avoid early ageing too. It's a win-win!
4. Hydrate: No, it's not the same thing as moisture. Of course drinking a lot of water is great for your overall well-being, but you need to do a bit more than that for good skin. Use a face mist or spray like Korean women do, to hydrate the skin throughout the day. Thermal water sprays are really good for remaining hydrated.
5. Oil Cleansing: Oil cleansing is something that has been unheard of until recently. It's a weird idea, right? But oil counteracts oil and actually balances the natural oil on your face. And at the same time, it doesn't dry out the face at all and manages to keep the skin supple.
6. Rice: Rice powder, cooked rice and even rice water can be used for your skin! Korean women use a rice powder face pack by mixing rice powder and water. It helps brighten the skin tone and even gets rid of dirt that is clogged in the pores.
7. Polish: This is something completely unique to Korean women. They believe in polishing the skin using skin polishes available to them in their markets. A lot of Korean products can be bought online though.
8. Double Cleansing: This is also known as the 424 method, consisting of 4 minutes of rubbing oil on your face, followed by 2 minutes of a foaming cleanser and then four minutes of washing with water.
9. Eye Masks: Yes, they actually use eye masks. Just like their sheet masks, they have eye masks to de-puff the under-eye area and to avoid lines there.
10. Breakouts: To sanitise the area where breakouts occur, it is recommended to wash the area with lukewarm saline water. This is a best kept beauty secret of Korean women you probably didn't know!
11. Products: The number of products in their skin care regime can be really intimidating. Some women go as far as 17 different products that they use in one skin care regime!
12. Sunscreen: And of course sunscreen is very, very serious business for good skin and that's why Korean women never break this golden beauty rule.