Many a times you may wonder why to oil hair when it is already greasy and thick and wouldn't have got the correct answer from beauticians or even experienced salonists. The reason is simple, the oil on your scalp is not oil but sebum. The over production of sebum can cause bacterial infection leading dandruff and other scalp problems. Today, we will discuss on the effects of not oiling hair. Take a look.
Why Oil Hair? - Hair Oil Benefits
1. Oiling helps in regulating the sebum production just as it regulates when applied on skin. It prevents scalp from getting dry and itchy.
2. Massaging oil regularly improves hair growth. Some oil nourish hair and make it thick, shiny and black.
3. Massaging warm oil improves blood circulation and maintains hair healthy. The dandruff problems also get easily resolved when oil and lemon is applied atleast once a week.
The Right Way To Apply Hair Oil:
1. There isn't much use or benefits of oil if applied to the ends of the hair. The right application is to start from scalp then hair all the way to the ends.
2. Combing hair after the oil application helps in the even distribution of oil on scalp. It also improves blood circulation and makes one feel relaxed.
3. For the oil to seep into the roots. Cover hair with a hot towel (wet towel in hot water) and relax for a couple of minutes. The steam opens the roots of the hair allowing the oil to get absorbed quickly and effectively nourish hair and scalp.
The Best Way To Use Oil
Generally, teenagers and kids avoid oiling hair as they cannot set it the way they want. The greasy hair stinks and stains when they rest their head over a wall or seat.
So, what they can do is apply the oil 20-30 minutes before they plan to wash hair, massage well and rinse with shampoo. There isn't any need to use conditioner if the hair is oiled well before shampooing.
5 Best Oils For Hair
Jojoba oil, castor oil, coconut oil, olive oil and nut oils are best for hair oils. Massaging these oils every once a week will make your hair thick and strong.
Hope you got your answer for the 'why oil hair?' doubt. Now you know the secret behind the 'Repunzel's' record breaking long hair.