You colour hair to either hide your grey hair or to get a different stylish look. Visiting a salon every 15-30 days to colour your hair is very tiring and time consuming too! Whether you spend money in salon or colour it yourself at home, you wish to make the hair colour last longer. Everyone wants to keep the vibrant hair colour and brightness as long as possible to look gorgeous. Oil and shampoo lightens the hair colour thus forcing you to colour again and again. Follow these tips to make your hair colour last longer and keep the gorgeous look.
Tips to make hair colour last:
1. Prefer hair colour which is 2-3 shades lighter than your natural hair colour. Red hair colour fades easily so read the kit and follow guidelines to make it last longer.
2. Don't use henna for 2 months before colouring the hair. Mehendi reduces the impact of hair colour.
3. Never colour your freshly shampooed hair. The strands can't absorb the hair colour so colour hair which has not been shampooed for 2 days. The natural hair oils helps absorb the hair colour easily.
4. Use demi-permanent hair colour or dye. This is an effective tip to make the hair colour last longer mainly because the colour lasts till 30 shampoos.
5. Always use shampoo and conditioner made for colour treated hair. This protects the colour and makes it last long in the hair. The shampoos are gentle and contains ingredients which protects the hair colour.
6. Avoid over-shampooing your hair. Three times in a week is enough as washing fades the hair colour and lightens it.
7. Use a hair conditioner after every wash to moisturize the hair and make it look soft and manageable. Often coloured hair looks brittle due to chemicals. Conditioners also build a protective layer to prevent the hair colour from lightening.
8. Don't wash your hair with hot water. This spoils the hair quality and fades the colour. Or dye. Use cold or lukewarm water.
9. Exposure to sun also lightens the hair colour. To make the hair colour last longer, avoid exposure to sun. wear a hat or cap to cover the hair and prevent the colour from fading.
10. Hair gloss also protects the hair colour and makes it last longer. Professionals use hair gloss to give shine to the hair and maintain the colour. Apply a hair gloss and leave for 10 minutes after colouring.
Follow these tips to make the hair colour last longer.